The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   Technical Foul Video Requests: Duke, Michigan (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/97523-technical-foul-video-requests-duke-michigan.html)

bballref3966 Sun Mar 16, 2014 03:47pm

Technical Foul Video Requests: Duke, Michigan

Two technical fouls on Duke in today's game...

1) Coach K at 2:07 in first half

2) Rasheed Sulaimon at 33.5 in second half

3) John Beilein around the 9 1/2 minute mark in the first half.

just another ref Sun Mar 16, 2014 03:51pm

Coach K threw his marker on the floor.

Raymond Sun Mar 16, 2014 04:13pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by bballref3966 (Post 927269)
Two technical fouls on Duke in today's game...

1) Coach K at 2:07 in first half

2) Rasheed Sulaimon at 33.5 in second half

3) John Beilein around the 9 1/2 minute mark in the first half.

1) K got his for throwing his marker immediately following a conversation with Jamie Luckie.

2) Sulaimon kicked his foot out on a 3-pointer and Tim Nestor correctly did not call a foul on the ensuing contact. Sulaimon's T was easy when he wouldn't shut his mouth.

3) Didn't see that T, but he b!tched about a later travel call that was absolutely the right call.

bballref3966 Sun Mar 16, 2014 10:43pm

Dickie V, who has a history of defending coaches to the death, even acknowledged that Krzyzewski was unsportsmanlike in throwing the pen. Guess that means there's no debate if he said it himself!;)

BryanV21 Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:29am

Quote:

Originally Posted by bballref3966 (Post 927324)
Dickie V, who has a history of defending coaches to the death, even acknowledged that Krzyzewski was unsportsmanlike in throwing the pen. Guess that means there's no debate if he said it himself!;)

Not only does Dickie V defend coaches (and to a fault), but he's a certified Duke lover too.

JeffM Tue Mar 18, 2014 11:09am

Coach K comment that you can throw a clipboard, too

In postgame remarks, Coach K said the technical foul he received for throwing a marker was "absolutely ridiculous" and "shameful". He also said, "...you can throw a clipboard, too. I didn't do it in reaction to anything. I mean, I could hit my head on the floor. I can do a handstand. I can tumble. As long as it's not in reaction to anybody."

I'm not sure what I would do if I saw a coach do a handstand, but I would definitely give a tech for throwing a clipboard.

deecee Tue Mar 18, 2014 11:52am

Unfortunately Coach Crybabyski also probably thinks that throwing a chair across the court is OK. When asked Coach C responded, "As a coach, our actions are beyond reproach and we can do whatever we want." He also went on to state that he has never been wrong, and that we should ask his wife who will verify that statement.

Raymond Tue Mar 18, 2014 12:10pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by JeffM (Post 927561)
In postgame remarks, Coach K said the technical foul he received for throwing a marker was "absolutely ridiculous" and "shameful". He also said, "...you can throw a clipboard, too. I didn't do it in reaction to anything. I mean, I could hit my head on the floor. I can do a handstand. I can tumble. As long as it's not in reaction to anybody."

I'm not sure what I would do if I saw a coach do a handstand, but I would definitely give a tech for throwing a clipboard.

Coach K is being less than honest; to be generous, I'll say disingenuous. In threw the marker in direct reaction to the conclusion of his conversation with Jamie Luckie.

bballref3966 Tue Mar 18, 2014 03:10pm

This is the kind of enforcement by officials that will get this behavior out of the game. If only it would be genuinely supported by every coordinator and assigner.

Rich Tue Mar 18, 2014 06:22pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by BadNewsRef (Post 927570)
Coach K is being less than honest; to be generous, I'll say disingenuous. In threw the marker in direct reaction to the conclusion of his conversation with Jamie Luckie.

Exactly. Good for Luckie.

Every time Coach K gets whacked an angel gets his wings.

BktBallRef Tue Mar 18, 2014 08:50pm

Coach K.
Duke's Coach K Throws Pen And Gets Technical Foul - YouTube

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube-nocookie.com/embed/fxz549BqPBA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Suliamon.
https://vine.co/v/MhmXw3QpBrW

Beilein, the camera did not get the T. But he met Mike Kitts on the floor as he turned to go from T to L.

JWP Wed Mar 19, 2014 07:51pm

Pen hit Ref

My son's JV coach was mad at his team's center a few years back for not blocking out on a rebound. Coach turned and fired his marker at the stands. It promptly bounced back and hit the Official in the leg as he was running down the court.

Insta-T!

The coach was apologizing all over the place, trying to explain he threw the marker in the other direction, he wasn't even angry about any calls, turning red, he's so sorry, it didn't mark his pants, he's so sorry ... finally, even the Ref was smiling.

Didn't reverse the T, but he smiled.

Rich Wed Mar 19, 2014 08:02pm

Had a coach slam down a clipboard over 20 years ago -- the metal clip broke off and shot across the court.

Easy T.

Rooster Fri Mar 21, 2014 06:37pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rich (Post 927788)
Had a coach slam down a clipboard over 20 years ago -- the metal clip broke off and shot across the court.

Easy T.

Had a coach try to slap his open hand with his clipboard and missed. The clipboard skittered out on to the floor.

Easy T for me too. Coach tried to explain that he was mad at his player... Meh.