The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   is this a foul? (Video) (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/97494-foul-video.html)

jeremy341a Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:20am

is this a foul? (Video)

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/LKzFrOirCBw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>)

JRutledge Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:22am

It looks like it, but with the quality of the video and the distance it does not help to decide either way.

Peace

Indianaref Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:24am

I will defer to the calling official, he has the best look as opposed to a grainy video image from the stands.

bob jenkins Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:45am

It appears that Jeremy just discovered youtube.

jeremy341a Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:05am

Quote:

Originally Posted by bob jenkins (Post 926871)
It appears that Jeremy just discovered youtube.

Lol :D Actually I found a site that had a link to all these plays and as the video discussions are my favorite part of this site I thought I would help start some vs. just reading everyone else's. It has been kind of slow here lately with the season winding down.

jeremy341a Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:06am

I agree there may have been contact with the arm. However the time of whistle indicates that he was calling a foul for the contract right before that. If there is no arm contact do you feel the contact of the bodies warrants a foul?

bob jenkins Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:12am

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeremy341a (Post 926879)
I agree there may have been contact with the arm. However the time of whistle indicates that he was calling a foul for the contract right before that. If there is no arm contact do you feel the contact of the bodies warrants a foul?

there *could* be a foul on the trailing defender or on the secondary defender.

jeremy341a Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:23am

Quote:

Originally Posted by bob jenkins (Post 926883)
there *could* be a foul on the trailing defender or on the secondary defender.

When he reports the foul he uses two hands so I believe he calls it on the secondary defender. Do you feel her body contact should warrant a foul? I am not second guessing the official as he sees a foul somewhere but I am curious about the body contact for my own self.

bob jenkins Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:35am

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeremy341a (Post 926889)
When he reports the foul he uses two hands so I believe he calls it on the secondary defender. Do you feel her body contact should warrant a foul? I am not second guessing the official as he sees a foul somewhere but I am curious about the body contact for my own self.

Impossible to tell from the video -- except that it was an exceptionally "ugly" shot which *tends* to point to some disadvantage.

rockyroad Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:52am

Agree that it is hard to tell from this grainy of a video...but knowing that official as well as I do, I will say that he doesn't miss many calls. So I will trust him on this one.

AremRed Thu Mar 13, 2014 12:45pm

This is big girl basketball, that is not a foul.