The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   Replay in State Tourney's? (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/97436-replay-state-tourneys.html)

paulsonj72 Tue Mar 04, 2014 02:31am

Replay in State Tourney's?

What states use replay in state tournament games that are televised? I know Minnesota does and in watching the replay of the Arizona Dvision I title game I see they do also. Are there anymore?

tjones1 Tue Mar 04, 2014 09:34am

Just to add to it a little bit... does your state use PTS?

Lcubed48 Tue Mar 04, 2014 09:47am

Virginia

Here in the Commonwealth of VA, it is allowed to be used at the state finals level. I don't know what the specifics are. PTS is also used, but there is one person at the table who operates as a backup. If the floor official is not used to the system, then they can keep their focus on the game.

Rich Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:32am

Replay is used at state in Wisconsin.

Rich1 Tue Mar 04, 2014 02:19pm

We're Perfect

Not in Texas! We don't need instant replay because, too my knowledge, no referee in the state has ever made a mistake, kicked a rule, or had poor judgement in the history of the sport. Especially in any of the games I have worked! :D

Indianaref Tue Mar 04, 2014 02:42pm

Yes in Indiana.

VaTerp Tue Mar 04, 2014 02:58pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lcubed48 (Post 925602)
Here in the Commonwealth of VA, it is allowed to be used at the state finals level. I don't know what the specifics are. PTS is also used, but there is one person at the table who operates as a backup. If the floor official is not used to the system, then they can keep their focus on the game.

Working my first state final next Friday. Looks like I need to read up on the details of the replay rules.

Toren Tue Mar 04, 2014 03:30pm

Colorado

We do not use replay but we do use PTS.

Welpe Tue Mar 04, 2014 03:52pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rich1 (Post 925662)
Not in Texas! We don't need instant replay because, too my knowledge, no referee in the state has ever made a mistake, kicked a rule, or had poor judgement in the history of the sport. Especially in any of the games I have worked! :D

I thought replay was authorized at the state tournament?

scrounge Tue Mar 04, 2014 03:54pm

Yes in OH but solely for purpose of seeing if a buzzer-beater is a legal shot

stripes Tue Mar 04, 2014 04:06pm

Not used in Utah.

RefCT Tue Mar 04, 2014 04:41pm

Yes in CT

Allowed here in CT only for state title games and only for last second shot.

It was used last year for the first time in the girls class LL title game.

BillyMac Tue Mar 04, 2014 04:41pm

Buzzer Beater ...

Connecticut: Yes on buzzer beaters, or not buzzer beaters. We needed it in a final last year. I believe that replay can also be used on game ending two, or three pointers.

I also believe that replay can be used in all state tournament games, but I'm not sure. Maybe RefCT can give us a confirmation, or denial, on that, and maybe he can also confirm, or deny, the two/three pointers.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/0t9U4dlQts4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Camron Rust Tue Mar 04, 2014 04:41pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rich1 (Post 925662)

I thought that was southern Cal where the officials were all perfect.

As for Oregon, no replay used.

JetMetFan Tue Mar 04, 2014 04:53pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by VaTerp (Post 925671)
Working my first state final next Friday. Looks like I need to read up on the details of the replay rules.

I'll save you the trouble. It's pretty light reading at the NFHS level.

NFHS 2-2-1
The officials shall make decisions for infractions of the rules committed within or outside the boundary lines. The use of any replay or television monitoring equipment by the officials in making any decision relating to the game is prohibited.

NOTE: A state association may permit game or replay officials to use a replay monitor during state championship series contests to determine if a try for goal at the expiration of time in the fourth quarter or any overtime period (0:00 on the game clock) should be counted, and if so, determine if it is a two- or a three-point goal.