The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Tue Jan 21, 2014, 08:41am
Official Forum Member

Kansas- Top 10 (video request)

Did anyone see the play that was made by the Kansas player last night? He makes an unbelievable hustle play and saves a ball by diving into the crowd, it ended up #1 on the SC Top 10 this morning.

I thought it last night when I watched live, hit rewind a couple times on the DVR, and my roommate mentioned the same thing when we saw the replay this morning, it really really appears that his foot was almost 6 inches out of bounds when he jumped to save the ball?! The announcers made no mention of this last night, and the ref was about 4 feet from the play so I have to give him the benefit of the doubt but I'm just having a really hard time believing otherwise. Anyone else notice this last night?
Old Tue Jan 21, 2014, 09:20am
Official Forum Member

I noticed this on replay as well. His foot was clearly on the line prior to him touching the ball. I had the Kansas post game radio show after the game and the radio play by play guy allowed that he may have been out of bounds first. He still gave him the play of the game however.
Old Tue Jan 21, 2014, 09:41am
Official Forum Member

I was watching the game, as well. There were three camera angles available for replay by ESPN. The last angle shown clearly showed a third of his foot over the line as he touched the ball.
Old Tue Jan 21, 2014, 12:48pm
Official Forum Member

Sooooooo? He was Out-Of-Bounds.
It was a great athletic play. Forget the violation
Isn't that the way we officiate?
Old Tue Jan 21, 2014, 12:52pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoochy View Post
Sooooooo? He was Out-Of-Bounds.
It was a great athletic play. Forget the violation
Isn't that the way we officiate?
Well that plus Kansas was home, can't forget to throw that one in there too.
Old Tue Jan 21, 2014, 01:42pm
Stubborn Member

This is one of those calls you have to make (him being out of bounds), but you feel bad doing so because it was such a great try. When it comes to younger guys doing something like this, I tell them "great effort, but unfortunately you stepped out of bounds".
Old Tue Jan 21, 2014, 11:15pm
NFHS Official

Quote:
Originally Posted by CountTheBasket View Post
Did anyone see the play that was made by the Kansas player last night? He makes an unbelievable hustle play and saves a ball by diving into the crowd, it ended up #1 on the SC Top 10 this morning.

I thought it last night when I watched live, hit rewind a couple times on the DVR, and my roommate mentioned the same thing when we saw the replay this morning, it really really appears that his foot was almost 6 inches out of bounds when he jumped to save the ball?! The announcers made no mention of this last night, and the ref was about 4 feet from the play so I have to give him the benefit of the doubt but I'm just having a really hard time believing otherwise. Anyone else notice this last night?
Looked out of bounds to me.