The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   Kansas- Top 10 (video request) (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/97081-kansas-top-10-video-request.html)

CountTheBasket Tue Jan 21, 2014 08:41am

Kansas- Top 10 (video request)

Did anyone see the play that was made by the Kansas player last night? He makes an unbelievable hustle play and saves a ball by diving into the crowd, it ended up #1 on the SC Top 10 this morning.

I thought it last night when I watched live, hit rewind a couple times on the DVR, and my roommate mentioned the same thing when we saw the replay this morning, it really really appears that his foot was almost 6 inches out of bounds when he jumped to save the ball?! The announcers made no mention of this last night, and the ref was about 4 feet from the play so I have to give him the benefit of the doubt but I'm just having a really hard time believing otherwise. Anyone else notice this last night?

Thumper68 Tue Jan 21, 2014 09:20am

I noticed this on replay as well. His foot was clearly on the line prior to him touching the ball. I had the Kansas post game radio show after the game and the radio play by play guy allowed that he may have been out of bounds first. He still gave him the play of the game however.

#olderthanilook Tue Jan 21, 2014 09:41am

I was watching the game, as well. There were three camera angles available for replay by ESPN. The last angle shown clearly showed a third of his foot over the line as he touched the ball.

Zoochy Tue Jan 21, 2014 12:48pm

Sooooooo? He was Out-Of-Bounds.
It was a great athletic play. Forget the violation;)
Isn't that the way we officiate? :D

CountTheBasket Tue Jan 21, 2014 12:52pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zoochy (Post 919446)
Sooooooo? He was Out-Of-Bounds.
It was a great athletic play. Forget the violation;)
Isn't that the way we officiate? :D

Well that plus Kansas was home, can't forget to throw that one in there too. ;)

BryanV21 Tue Jan 21, 2014 01:42pm

This is one of those calls you have to make (him being out of bounds), but you feel bad doing so because it was such a great try. When it comes to younger guys doing something like this, I tell them "great effort, but unfortunately you stepped out of bounds".

OKREF Tue Jan 21, 2014 11:15pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by CountTheBasket (Post 919407)
Did anyone see the play that was made by the Kansas player last night? He makes an unbelievable hustle play and saves a ball by diving into the crowd, it ended up #1 on the SC Top 10 this morning.

I thought it last night when I watched live, hit rewind a couple times on the DVR, and my roommate mentioned the same thing when we saw the replay this morning, it really really appears that his foot was almost 6 inches out of bounds when he jumped to save the ball?! The announcers made no mention of this last night, and the ref was about 4 feet from the play so I have to give him the benefit of the doubt but I'm just having a really hard time believing otherwise. Anyone else notice this last night?

Looked out of bounds to me.