The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   Dancing Officials (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/97030-dancing-officials.html)

yooperbballref Wed Jan 15, 2014 11:34pm

Dancing Officials

Anyone happen to see this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=498Xn0ti02Y

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/498Xn0ti02Y" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

bob jenkins Thu Jan 16, 2014 09:14am

Should be an EJ on the mascot.

Andy Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:59am

Mark and I started in HS basketball together many years ago....

He is a pretty cool guy and I could see him doing this.

yooperbballref Thu Jan 16, 2014 01:06pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andy (Post 918623)
Mark and I started in HS basketball together many years ago....

He is a pretty cool guy and I could see him doing this.

I ref with Mark's brother back in his hometown.

JRutledge Thu Jan 16, 2014 01:14pm

I do not see a problem with this for the most part. It sounds like Mark is being a good sport. And if the mascot is a woman (and he might know) I really see no problem with this. He probably is OK with this one time thing. If the league does not want this, I am sure there will be some memo to make that clear. ;)

Peace

Rich Thu Jan 16, 2014 01:17pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRutledge (Post 918643)
I do not see a problem with this for the most part. It sounds like Mark is being a good sport. And if the mascot is a woman (and he might know) I really see no problem with this.

What does the gender of the mascot have to do with any of this?

HawkeyeCubP Thu Jan 16, 2014 01:28pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by rich (Post 918645)
what does the gender of the mascot have to do with any of this?

+1

JRutledge Thu Jan 16, 2014 02:04pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rich (Post 918645)

It has a lot to do with it if you like that kind of thing. I forget, we have to play the political correctness angle.

If it were me, I would not want a dude in my personal space like that. That is what it has to do with this issue. Maybe the official does not role that way, not that there is anything wrong with that. ;)

Peace

rockyroad Thu Jan 16, 2014 02:23pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rich (Post 918645)

Nothing.

Rich Thu Jan 16, 2014 02:58pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRutledge (Post 918652)
It has a lot to do with it if you like that kind of thing. I forget, we have to play the political correctness angle.

If it were me, I would not want a dude in my personal space like that. That is what it has to do with this issue. Maybe the official does not role that way, not that there is anything wrong with that. ;)

Peace

It has nothing to do with political correctness.

gojeremy Thu Jan 16, 2014 06:37pm

I used to be a bouncer in a bar and girls would do this to me after they had way too much to drink and it was really annoying. Of course, they weren't wearing a bear mascot suit! :)

JRutledge Thu Jan 16, 2014 07:51pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rich (Post 918671)
It has nothing to do with political correctness.

Then why would you be surprised that I mentioned what gender the person in the suit would be? It would matter to me personally. It would matter to others too (Not everyone, but it would matter. Do not fool yourself) If it would not bother you that is fine, but once again, I do not want a male putting their hands all over my waist and rubbing up against me. And if the official knew, maybe, just maybe that changed his attitude about being a good sport or not with the dancing. I know if it was one of the dance girls my attitude about it would be different in or out of uniform.

Peace

JRutledge Thu Jan 16, 2014 07:51pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by rockyroad (Post 918659)
Nothing.

To you.

Peace

BillyMac Thu Jan 16, 2014 08:42pm

Inquiring Minds Want To Know ...

I often wonder if tapping my foot to a catchy tune during a time out, or an intermission, would be considered unprofessional in my high school games?

Comments please.

Thumper68 Thu Jan 16, 2014 08:59pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by BillyMac (Post 918742)
I often wonder if tapping my foot to a catchy tune during a time out, or an intermission, would be considered unprofessional in my high school games?

Comments please.

Billy. We will need video to confirm if this is proper!