The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   Vid request Back court Miami UNC 1:19 second half (Clip Added) (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/96968-vid-request-back-court-miami-unc-1-19-second-half-clip-added.html)

Sharpshooternes Wed Jan 08, 2014 11:17pm

Vid request Back court Miami UNC 1:19 second half (Clip Added)

Looks to me his foot was down before he got the pass.

APG Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:42am

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/u9oZ3lin32k" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

just another ref Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:54am

oops

JRutledge Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:57am

Ouch.

Peace

JugglingReferee Thu Jan 09, 2014 01:13am

Close, but shouldn't be missed at that level.

Camron Rust Thu Jan 09, 2014 03:59am

Missed. The foot was clearly down while the ball was still a couple of feet from getting to the player.

JetMetFan Thu Jan 09, 2014 06:52am

Cautionary tale for us all. Watch C's head. He was looking at the ball until a split second before the player caught it so there's no way to tell the player's status when he caught it. We've all done it (I know I have).

I try to talk myself into looking where the ball will end up. It's not as though it's going to take a sharp left/right turn. Find the spot where it's supposed to land and you'll find the players.

bob jenkins Thu Jan 09, 2014 09:13am

Only one foot was down in the BC. You need all three points to "reestablish" yourself in the BC.

NCAAM rulebook, coach's and announcer's edition, rule 13.7

egj13 Thu Jan 09, 2014 09:31am

Quote:

Originally Posted by bob jenkins (Post 917429)
Only one foot was down in the BC. You need all three points to "reestablish" yourself in the BC.

NCAAM rulebook, coach's and announcer's edition, rule 13.7

What? You mean a guy working in the ACC might have gotten this right and 5 experts on this board were mistaken? First time that has happened.

I do have one question on your reference though. If you jump from FC to BC to catch the ball how can you have three points needed to re-establish yourself? You wouldn't have the third point until you caught the ball. Did you mean two points...I am probably reading too much into it.

Raymond Thu Jan 09, 2014 09:52am

Quote:

Originally Posted by egj13 (Post 917434)
What? You mean a guy working in the ACC might have gotten this right and 5 experts on this board were mistaken? First time that has happened.

I do have one question on your reference though. If you jump from FC to BC to catch the ball how can you have three points needed to re-establish yourself? You wouldn't have the third point until you caught the ball. Did you mean two points...I am probably reading too much into it.

You're missing the sarcasm (Rule 13.7, really?).

3 points down only applies to dribbling across the division.

APG Thu Jan 09, 2014 10:07am

Quote:

Try looking up rule 13 in an NCAA-M book. ;)

just another ref Thu Jan 09, 2014 02:20pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by APG (Post 917440)
Try looking up rule 13 in an NCAA-M book. ;)

I have it committed to memory. Thanks, Bob.

johnny d Thu Jan 09, 2014 02:41pm

Quote:

You should watch the Sheldon Cooper webinar on recognizing sarcasm :D