The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Wed Jan 08, 2014, 01:07am
Official Forum Member

Michigan State/Ohio State video request x2 9(Clips Added)

1. 4.8 second mark first half. MSU player dribbling up sideline. No call on the defender (Not really sure if it was or not, bad angle). What I found interesting was the Lead came up all the way from the end line and called an OOB violation on the dribbler. Not sure who he was but it's the same guy that gave about five double-tweets of the whistle when granting a timeout late in the second half.

2. 1:20 mark second half. Craft for OSU drives down the lane. Looked to me like he gathered the ball with his left foot on the ground (pivot foot), put his right foot on the ground, left foot again, and maybe even the right foot again. I'd like to see this one to see if I'm just imaging things or what because it seemed pretty blatant.
Old Thu Jan 09, 2014, 12:14am
Official Forum Member

Chaos isn't a pit. Chaos is a ladder. Many who try to climb it fail and never get to try again. The fall breaks them. And some, given a chance to climb, they refuse. They cling to the realm, or the gods, or love. Illusions.

Only the ladder is real. The climb is all there is.

Old Thu Jan 09, 2014, 03:02am
Official Forum Member

From the "Thanks partner, but I didn't need any help there" category.
Comical that he runs all the way past the Trail in making this call.
This guy gets to buy dinner after seeing the video.

The problem with making an OOB call when not directly on a boundary line is clear here. The player's foot swings OVER the line while in the air but never touches the boundary. However from the Lead's position about six feet from the corner of the court it would look as if the player stepped out. Poor angle results in a poor call.

Last edited by Nevadaref; Thu Jan 09, 2014 at 03:11am.
Old Thu Jan 09, 2014, 03:10am
Official Forum Member

The drive is a travel. The player ends his dribble with his left foot on the floor. That foot becomes his pivot when he steps with his right foot. He travels when stepping again with his left foot before releasing the try.

I can understand the officials missing this one as it happens quickly and the player is splitting two defenders. The officials may have been blocked from seeing the footwork or focused on looking for illegal contact.
Old Thu Jan 09, 2014, 04:08am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevadaref View Post
From the "Thanks partner, but I didn't need any help there" category.
Comical that he runs all the way past the Trail in making this call.
This guy gets to buy dinner after seeing the video.

The problem with making an OOB call when not directly on a boundary line is clear here. The player's foot swings OVER the line while in the air but never touches the boundary. However from the Lead's position about six feet from the corner of the court it would look as if the player stepped out. Poor angle results in a poor call.
Agree. Wrong call. Wrong official to make it. Wrong angle to make it. Not good.
Old Thu Jan 09, 2014, 04:09am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevadaref View Post
The drive is a travel. The player ends his dribble with his left foot on the floor. That foot becomes his pivot when he steps with his right foot. He travels when stepping again with his left foot before releasing the try.

I can understand the officials missing this one as it happens quickly and the player is splitting two defenders. The officials may have been blocked from seeing the footwork or focused on looking for illegal contact.
Agree as well....not really even that close.
Old Thu Jan 09, 2014, 09:31am
Courageous When Prudent

Quote:
Originally Posted by zm1283 View Post
1. 4.8 second mark first half. MSU player dribbling up sideline. No call on the defender (Not really sure if it was or not, bad angle). What I found interesting was the Lead came up all the way from the end line and called an OOB violation on the dribbler. Not sure who he was but it's the same guy that gave about five double-tweets of the whistle when granting a timeout late in the second half.
Same official who didn't notice a fight developing right in front of him in the PSU/Ill game.
Old Thu Jan 09, 2014, 04:55pm
Official Forum Member

Doesn't look like he even went OOB there. I wish the baseline view was a longer clip because it sure looks like there was some illegal contact by Craft.