The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   Disconcerting or not (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/96958-disconcerting-not.html)

maroonx Tue Jan 07, 2014 09:35pm

Disconcerting or not

Girls Varsity game.

Opponent is on free throw line. About 5 minutes left in the game. Opponent is getting smashed by 30 points. ball is giving to free thrower, one of the players goes to chat with coach why she committed foul. Coach tells her to drop and give her 10 push-ups which she did All this going on during free throw administration.

9-3c No opponent shall disconcert the free thrower. T or not?

RookieDude Tue Jan 07, 2014 09:43pm

As long as player is in proper place...

I got nothin'

deecee Tue Jan 07, 2014 09:45pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by RookieDude (Post 917246)
As long as player is in proper place...

I got nothin'

yup. 11 push-ups and you got a violation. But there's a case play that says push-ups must be limited to 10 or fewer.

maroonx Tue Jan 07, 2014 09:50pm

I could not find that case play in 9.1.3 situation D.E, F,G

BillyMac Tue Jan 07, 2014 11:28pm

It Makes A Difference ...

Were they boy pushups, or girl pushups?

maroonx Tue Jan 07, 2014 11:30pm

Girl lol

BillyMac Tue Jan 07, 2014 11:31pm

Technical Violation ???

Quote:

Originally Posted by maroonx (Post 917245)
... disconcert the free thrower. T or not?

Since when did disconcertion become a foul instead of a violation?

deecee Tue Jan 07, 2014 11:32pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by maroonx (Post 917249)
I could not find that case play in 9.1.3 situation D.E, F,G

I just want to be clear that I was joking.

maroonx Tue Jan 07, 2014 11:34pm

Perhaps unsporting. Giving the way the game was being played. Blowout game. Nothing being gained by them acting like that.

Adam Tue Jan 07, 2014 11:35pm

It's going to be a rare call if anyone ever calls disconcertion on a player in the backcourt.

maroonx Tue Jan 07, 2014 11:40pm

Who said backcourt? I assume both head coaches said YES when ask the question will the players and coaches display good sportsmanship throughout the contest.

Adam Tue Jan 07, 2014 11:42pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by maroonx (Post 917266)
Who said backcourt? I assume both head coaches said YES when ask the question will the players and coaches display good sportsmanship throughout the contest.

You said she went to talk to her coach with 5 minutes left in the game while the opponent was shooting free throws. That puts her in the backcourt.

I fail to see how this is unsporting.

maroonx Tue Jan 07, 2014 11:47pm

That is what I had said. Pushup girl was not in backcourt.

Speaking of disconcerting, would you call a disconcerting violation if the cheerleaders are at the other end of the court yelling "miss it miss it" during free throw administration at the other end of the court?

RookieDude Tue Jan 07, 2014 11:49pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by maroonx (Post 917271)
That is what I had said. Pushup girl was not in backcourt.

Speaking of disconcerting, would you call a disconcerting violation if the cheerleaders are at the other end of the court yelling "miss it miss it" during free throw administration at the other end of the court?

No

BillyMac Tue Jan 07, 2014 11:52pm

If We Can't Beat Them Nobody Can ...

Quote:

Originally Posted by maroonx (Post 917271)
... if the cheerleaders are at the other end of the court yelling "miss it miss it" during free throw administration at the other end of the court?

I only pay attention to cheerleaders if I have to help them up when I run them over after they get in my way. Other than that, what cheerleaders?