The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   KU vs. Florida (Clip Added) (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/96752-ku-vs-florida-clip-added.html)

Official Tue Dec 10, 2013 10:26pm

KU vs. Florida (Clip Added)

Did anyone see the KU v Florida game? Wiggins was allegedly fouled near the end of the game with no foul call. I've seen it debated that it was a good no call because Wiggins was fumbling the ball prior to contact and the contact was loose ball contact. A replay of it would be great. Thanks.

APG Tue Dec 10, 2013 10:45pm

Time of the play

Official Tue Dec 10, 2013 10:51pm

1:17 left in the game I believe

Raymond Wed Dec 11, 2013 08:29am

I'm sure he travelled first.

Adam Wed Dec 11, 2013 09:07am

Quote:

Originally Posted by BadNewsRef (Post 913854)
I'm sure he travelled first.

I'm sure he didn't try hard enough to get through the contact. ;)

Camron Rust Wed Dec 11, 2013 06:43pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Official (Post 913822)
Did anyone see the KU v Florida game? Wiggins was allegedly fouled near the end of the game with no foul call. I've seen it debated that it was a good no call because Wiggins was fumbling the ball prior to contact and the contact was loose ball contact. A replay of it would be great. Thanks.

I don't care if he lost the ball first or not on that type of contact. Getting clubbed in the face, as it appeared to be from the 1 time I saw the play, should be a foul.

Official Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:25pm

shooting or underneath?

AremRed Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:33pm

You can find the play here (browse to 1:17 left in 2nd half): ESPN3 - Kansas vs. Florida

Wiggins fumbled the ball before contact was made. I don't see any hit to the head either. Looks like the Lead (Pat Adams) double clutched his signal and then went looking for help from Tony Greene. I would hope those guys know a good no call when they see one.

Camron Rust Thu Dec 12, 2013 12:23am

Quote:

Originally Posted by AremRed (Post 913970)
You can find the play here (browse to 1:17 left in 2nd half): ESPN3 - Kansas vs. Florida

Wiggins fumbled the ball before contact was made. I don't see any hit to the head either. Looks like the Lead (Pat Adams) double clutched his signal and then went looking for help from Tony Greene. I would hope those guys know a good no call when they see one.

Good to see the video. My first viewing was in a sports bar on a screen across the room.

He did not get hit in the head like it appeared then. There was certainly contact with the defender's forearm coming into his upper chest but below his head...and all after the ball was lost. I'd say that he exaggerated it more than was really there. I'm OK with no foul after seeing that.

APG Thu Dec 12, 2013 09:39pm

JetMetFan...I was expecting you to be all over this...you're slipping! ;)

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/ILhXpVTMbCM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

HawkeyeCubP Thu Dec 12, 2013 09:46pm

I'm not sure how this isn't a foul.

Raymond Thu Dec 12, 2013 09:53pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by HawkeyeCubP (Post 914149)
I'm not sure how this isn't a foul.

Ball was lost before the contact, they must have felt it was incidental contact.

ballgame99 Fri Dec 13, 2013 09:48am

Defender looks to reasonably maintain verticality, while the offense is coming forward and loses the ball before contact, so a good no call, but one that would be tough to get right with the embelishment by the offense. It looks like they gave the ball to blue there though, so you don't get the foul but you get the ball.

JRutledge Fri Dec 13, 2013 09:58am

Looks like a little acting too.

Peace

APG Fri Dec 13, 2013 11:12am

Quote:

Originally Posted by ballgame99 (Post 914163)
Defender looks to reasonably maintain verticality, while the offense is coming forward and loses the ball before contact, so a good no call, but one that would be tough to get right with the embelishment by the offense. It looks like they gave the ball to blue there though, so you don't get the foul but you get the ball.

Crew went to replay and gave it to Florida.