The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   How many "T"s will you have at the end of the season? (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/96746-how-many-t-s-will-you-have-end-season.html)

Terrapins Fan Tue Dec 10, 2013 12:20am

How many "T"s will you have at the end of the season?

How many "T"s will you have at the end of the season.

Let's make a prediction. A few years ago I had over 20.

Last year, maybe 5 or 6. Keep in mind I referee about 70 or more games a year.

I m going to guess 4 for myself.

Hoping for none. But I have never had a season with Zero.

Have you have had a season with Zero "T"s?

bainsey Tue Dec 10, 2013 12:27am

Clarification: Strictly unsportsmanlike Ts, or all?

Camron Rust Tue Dec 10, 2013 01:13am

Quote:

Originally Posted by bainsey (Post 913611)
Clarification: Strictly unsportsmanlike Ts, or all?

I would think that unsportsmanlike would be all that really counts...and maybe I'll get 3-4, maybe.

BillyMac Tue Dec 10, 2013 07:12am

No Bell Curve For Coaches ...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Terrapins Fan (Post 913609)
How many "T"s ... Let's make a prediction. A few years ago I had over 20.

Impossible to predict. Coaches are totally unpredictable. Like a rabid dog.

Indianaref Tue Dec 10, 2013 07:29am

Had 4 last yr, 2 on coaches, 2 on a players. None so far this year, hopefully none at end of year, realistically probably will have some though.

grunewar Tue Dec 10, 2013 07:51am

Scholastically, probably just a few. But, I do some local WRECK Ball, so if this yr holds to form, probably ~ 10. I usually don't have to hand too many out.

JRutledge Tue Dec 10, 2013 08:33am

Well with the emphasis for the coaching box in my state, I would have said 5 and a couple of those would have been administrative in nature. But I am thinking I could have 8-10. I hope it is not that high, but I have one already on a player for unsporting behavior.

Peace

bob jenkins Tue Dec 10, 2013 08:43am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Terrapins Fan (Post 913609)
How many "T"s will you have at the end of the season.

Let's make a prediction. A few years ago I had over 20.

Last year, maybe 5 or 6. Keep in mind I referee about 70 or more games a year.

I m going to guess 4 for myself.

Hoping for none. But I have never had a season with Zero.

Have you have had a season with Zero "T"s?

I have had many seasons with no Ts. At least I think so. I don't track them.

One so far this year -- taunting on a player after a dunk. Like Jeff, I thought I would have more given the state's "zero tolerance" policy on the coaching box.

I'll go with 4, in an estimated 100 V and NCAAW games.

Welpe Tue Dec 10, 2013 08:59am

I'm really going out on a limb here and saying I will have zero. ;)

Raymond Tue Dec 10, 2013 09:16am

Not sure why anyone would want to predict this.

egj13 Tue Dec 10, 2013 10:08am

I am at 2 through my first 13 games, so that would average out to about 8 before the season is over...Thankfully my schedule will be light as I follow my son around with baseball or I might be at 8 already.

Funny that you guys are in states with zero tolerance policies on coaches boxes. In my neck of the woods and in my pool they don't enforce the coaches box at all!! Serious, coach can go from mid court to baseline with no one saying a peep and the boxes aren't marked either. I asked and they just told me they don't get in a huff over it. Also, no "X" marking the official scorer, scorers don't wear the striped shirt, no "T"s for books not being done at 10 minutes (sometimes it is closer to 5 before they are ready) and I had to make 2 kids take off tights the other day in game #7 for them. I said "is this the first time you have been told this?" "yes sir"...smdh

Sharpshooternes Tue Dec 10, 2013 10:47am

Quote:

Originally Posted by egj13 (Post 913656)
I am at 2 through my first 13 games, so that would average out to about 8 before the season is over...Thankfully my schedule will be light as I follow my son around with baseball or I might be at 8 already.

Funny that you guys are in states with zero tolerance policies on coaches boxes. In my neck of the woods and in my pool they don't enforce the coaches box at all!! Serious, coach can go from mid court to baseline with no one saying a peep and the boxes aren't marked either. I asked and they just told me they don't get in a huff over it. Also, no "X" marking the official scorer, scorers don't wear the striped shirt, no "T"s for books not being done at 10 minutes (sometimes it is closer to 5 before they are ready) and I had to make 2 kids take off tights the other day in game #7 for them. I said "is this the first time you have been told this?" "yes sir"...smdh

So....Uh......which rule set ARE you using??? ;)

egj13 Tue Dec 10, 2013 11:08am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sharpshooternes (Post 913667)
So....Uh......which rule set ARE you using??? ;)

Wish I knew...it has been a touch frustrating so far this season. I came into the pool not wanting to be "that guy" but coaches are out of hand here and the fans/players feed off of it. I decided the other night that I'm not going to play along and I am going back to the game management I have been taught every other place I have worked.

Sharpshooternes Tue Dec 10, 2013 11:28am

Quote:

Originally Posted by egj13 (Post 913672)
Wish I knew...it has been a touch frustrating so far this season. I came into the pool not wanting to be "that guy" but coaches are out of hand here and the fans/players feed off of it. I decided the other night that I'm not going to play along and I am going back to the game management I have been taught every other place I have worked.

Good luck......? I vote for you to be the Technical foul count winner this year.

SE Minnestoa Re Tue Dec 10, 2013 11:47am

My former partner and I would always have a contest and the most technicals was the winner. Of course, neither of us wanted to win and he always won.

One year he thought he had me. I was up 2-0 and we were at the end of the season. Maybe the last regular season game, he called three in about 20 seconds and proudly took home the trophy as usual.