The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   OT _ Taylor University Celebration (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/96722-ot-_-taylor-university-celebration.html)

grunewar Sat Dec 07, 2013 09:14am

OT _ Taylor University Celebration

Taylor University’s ‘Silent Night’ is still mesmerizing | For The Win

Imagine if the officials had no idea this was going to happen........

AremRed Sat Dec 07, 2013 11:34am

Quote:

Originally Posted by grunewar (Post 913262)
Taylor University’s ‘Silent Night’ is still mesmerizing | For The Win

Imagine if the officials had no idea this was going to happen........

The game used to continue through the cheering but in the last few years they have started going directly to a media timeout once Taylor hits 10 points. Can't believe they stormed the floor though, I guess that's game admins fault.

BryanV21 Mon Dec 09, 2013 10:37am

That's awesome.

Raymond Mon Dec 09, 2013 11:01am

The silence part is "whatever". But the running onto the court stuff is really not necessary.

AremRed Mon Dec 09, 2013 11:25am

Quote:

Originally Posted by BadNewsRef (Post 913464)
The silence part is "whatever".

Naw, the silence is the best part. There are almost 5000 people in there but until that 10th point you can hear everything any player or official or coach says.

TriggerMN Mon Dec 09, 2013 12:00pm

Is the home team given a technical foul during this yearly event?

AremRed Mon Dec 09, 2013 12:12pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by TriggerMN (Post 913485)
Is the home team given a technical foul during this yearly event?

No, usually everyone stays in the stands and is really loud. This is the first year I've seen them storm the court....and I do not approve.

BryanV21 Mon Dec 09, 2013 01:19pm

I think rushing the court is a bit much. But can we give a technical foul for this? I mean, I've heard and been a part of many situations where fans got out of hand, but it was always taken care of through game management. Giving a "t" to the team could very well escalate things instead of settle them.

bob jenkins Mon Dec 09, 2013 02:05pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by BryanV21 (Post 913506)
I think rushing the court is a bit much. But can we give a technical foul for this? I mean, I've heard and been a part of many situations where fans got out of hand, but it was always taken care of through game management. Giving a "t" to the team could very well escalate things instead of settle them.

Yes, we can.

And, some other school has some similar tradition (but I think maybe it's only 1 game per year or something) and the team knows (and accepts for the sake of tradition) the T.

Raymond Mon Dec 09, 2013 02:54pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by bob jenkins (Post 913515)
Yes, we can.

And, some other school has some similar tradition (but I think maybe it's only 1 game per year or something) and the team knows (and accepts for the sake of tradition) the T.

Yeah, I think the fans throw paper (TP?) on the court when they score their first basket, and yes, the T is expected and administered.

BillyMac Mon Dec 09, 2013 05:55pm

Tradition (Tevye, Fiddler On The Roof) ...

Quote:

Originally Posted by BadNewsRef (Post 913526)
Yeah, I think the fans throw paper (TP?) on the court when they score their first basket, and yes, the T is expected and administered.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/oXTOH8aTwK0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>