The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball

LinkBack (1) Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
  1 links from elsewhere to this Post. Click to view. #1 (permalink)  
Old Tue Dec 03, 2013, 11:29pm
Back from the DL

Video Request: Michigan/Duke, Throw-In Violation, Coach K "T" (Clip Added)

Second half, 1:30, Throw-in violation called against Duke (PxP guy calls it a "travel" ), Duke wanted a time out, Krzyzewski gets a technical foul.

Time out request in time?
Old Tue Dec 03, 2013, 11:43pm
Official Forum Member

Kersey gives the correct signal for a throw-in violation. As Kersey walks away to become new L, Coach K gives a loud foot stomp and promptly turns around with his hands in the air while walking toward his bench. Kersey turns around after hearing the foot stomp and sees Coach K's backside walking away; technical foul given.

Giving a coach a T while he is walking away is not ideal but it was definitely deserved and well done. I'm wondering why Corbett didn't give the T as he was walking to the spot to in-bound the ball for Michigan?
Old Tue Dec 03, 2013, 11:56pm
Get away from me, Steve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bainsey View Post
Second half, 1:30, Throw-in violation called against Duke (PxP guy calls it a "travel" ), Duke wanted a time out, Krzyzewski gets a technical foul.

Time out request in time?
I enjoyed that sequence way too much.
Old Wed Dec 04, 2013, 12:24am
Back from the DL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich View Post
I enjoyed that sequence way too much.
Shot in the dark -- Tar Heel fan?
Old Wed Dec 04, 2013, 12:37am
We don't rent pigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by bainsey View Post
Shot in the dark -- Tar Heel fan?
I'm guessing it's not about being a fan of anybody. Most guys here express a strong distaste for Coach K.

Lonesome Dove
Old Wed Dec 04, 2013, 12:57am
C'mon man!!

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by just another ref View Post
I'm guessing it's not about being a fan of anybody. Most guys here express a strong distaste for Coach K.
I have two goals or things on my bucket list as far as officiating are concerned. 1) Officiate the final four and 2) serve some T to Coach K. I have nothing against the guy personally, I didn't go to a rivalry school, I actually think he is an excellent coach. I just think he can get way fired up and I would love to whack! him.
Old Wed Dec 04, 2013, 10:10am
Official Forum Member

I saw this sequence last night, I thought it was the right call in terms of the violation, the inbounding player moved off his spot several steps then tried to call TO. He didn't signal travel, he did the 'over and back' motion and pointed the other way. And the T was warrented. Coach stomped right at him and yelled. He then quickly turned and put his hands up in the 'i didn't do anything' pose, but got whack-a-moled anyway.
Old Wed Dec 04, 2013, 10:31am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dahoopref View Post
Coach K gives a loud foot stomp and promptly turns around with his hands in the air while walking toward his bench.
In my game last night I am "C" opposite bench. Coach, sitting 5 feet behind the trail slaps the front of the bench with both hands, stands up, throws hands in the air then stopms and says "how can you not see that?"...nothing. We go in at half and I asked my partner just what is the line a coach has to cross before he will whack him...he says "what's the point, I don't even let them get to me." I commented well that is why his players act the same damn way...I swear.
Old Wed Dec 04, 2013, 10:32am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballgame99 View Post
I saw this sequence last night, I thought it was the right call in terms of the violation, the inbounding player moved off his spot several steps then tried to call TO. He didn't signal travel, he did the 'over and back' motion and pointed the other way. And the T was warrented. Coach stomped right at him and yelled. He then quickly turned and put his hands up in the 'i didn't do anything' pose, but got whack-a-moled anyway.
I was working a HS game last night, and didn't see the afore-mentioned sequence. I'm thinking it must've been what Coach K said, rather than the body language of walking away when the official looked in his direction (?) that evoked the T. . .?
Old Wed Dec 04, 2013, 02:01pm
Official Forum Member

No, it was the demonstrative stomp/clap at the official who was 10 feet away. I think all he said verbally was " I was calling timeout!"
Old Wed Dec 04, 2013, 02:28pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
No, it was the demonstrative stomp/clap at the official who was 10 feet away. I think all he said verbally was " I was calling timeout!"
Actually, I replayed it several times, and reading his lips, I'd bet money that he was saying "That's HORSE SHIT!!"
Old Wed Dec 04, 2013, 02:42pm
Official Forum Member

Throw-in violation first in slow motion...throw-in and subsequent T afterward:

Chaos isn't a pit. Chaos is a ladder. Many who try to climb it fail and never get to try again. The fall breaks them. And some, given a chance to climb, they refuse. They cling to the realm, or the gods, or love. Illusions.

Only the ladder is real. The climb is all there is.

Old Wed Dec 04, 2013, 02:45pm
AremRed

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by fiasco View Post
Actually, I replayed it several times, and reading his lips, I'd bet money that he was saying "That's HORSE SHIT!!"
He said both.
Old Wed Dec 04, 2013, 02:50pm
Official Forum Member

It's hard (or impossible) to see the coaching box line on the court, but I think he was well out of it when he stomped his foot.
Old Wed Dec 04, 2013, 03:32pm
Official Forum Member

Well played by the official. He made the call and walked away to become the new Lead. Kryzycewski took several steps toward him then blurted "horse shit". The official didn't bait him. Coach K got what he asked for. Job well done, Mr. Official.