The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball

LinkBack (1) Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Wed Dec 04, 2013, 04:20pm
Official Forum Member

Watch the radio guy for Duke in the background. He winces when K says the magic words, even K knows the "T" is coming assuming he has an official willing to call a "T".
There is absolutely no baiting and while not good proof against calling one, when the radio or other "biased" media for a team (or someone else related to the team) agrees that a coach/player has earned a "T" (or whatever the standard USC penalty is for the sport) it rarely is wrong.

Jasper
Old Wed Dec 04, 2013, 04:39pm
Courageous When Prudent

the foot stomp and hand clap were enough to earn a T. Corbett had no reason to intervene, he properly let BK handle it.
Old Wed Dec 04, 2013, 05:50pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by #olderthanilook View Post
Well played by the official. He made the call and walked away to become the new Lead. Kryzycewski took several steps toward him then blurted "horse shit". The official didn't bait him. Coach K got what he asked for. Job well done, Mr. Official.
And he knew he had gone to far. He puts his hands in the air, just like a kid who knows he's fouled but trying to get out of it.

"You should never be proud of doing the right thing." - Dean Smith
Old Thu Dec 05, 2013, 11:41am
Official Forum Member

[Disclaimer: I am a UNC fan] Up 15 with 1:30 to go and you're crying about not getting a timeout? Get over it.
a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented."
Arnold Palmer
Old Thu Dec 05, 2013, 12:57pm
Courageous When Prudent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharpshooternes View Post
I have two goals or things on my bucket list as far as officiating are concerned. 1) Officiate the final four and 2) serve some T to Coach K. I have nothing against the guy personally, I didn't go to a rivalry school, I actually think he is an excellent coach. I just think he can get way fired up and I would love to whack! him.
Don't ever attend a camp where Roger Ayers is a speaker/clinician. Every time I've ever seen him, one of his standard monologues is about officials who say they would T up Coach K if they worked at that level. It's bascially a "yeah, right!" speech.
Old Fri Dec 06, 2013, 05:56am
C'mon man!!

Do players have to be behind the division line for technical free throws? I noticed in the video that they all were. FYI for those who don't know, in HS, they just have to be outside the 3 point line and FT line extended.
Old Fri Dec 06, 2013, 08:17am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharpshooternes View Post
Do players have to be behind the division line for technical free throws? I noticed in the video that they all were. FYI for those who don't know, in HS, they just have to be outside the 3 point line and FT line extended.
NBA, NCAA, and NFHS are the same on this regard...any player not in the lane just has to be behind the 3 point line and above the FT line extended.
Chaos isn't a pit. Chaos is a ladder. Many who try to climb it fail and never get to try again. The fall breaks them. And some, given a chance to climb, they refuse. They cling to the realm, or the gods, or love. Illusions.

Only the ladder is real. The climb is all there is.

Old Fri Dec 06, 2013, 08:57am
Esteemed Forum Member

Who You Gonna Call ???

On free throws, there is a maximum of two offensive players and four defensive players in the six marked lane spaces. The defense must be in the first marked lane spaces, above the neutral zone marks, on all free throws. The offense must not occupy the first marked lane spaces, above the neutral zone marks. The shooter and all the players in the designated lane spaces must wait until the ball hits rim or backboard before entering the lane. Players, other than the shooter, and the players in the designated lane spaces, are to remain behind the free throw line extended and behind the three point arc, and may not penetrate the free throw line extended and the three point arc until the ball hits rim or backboard. During a free throw, no opponent, including bench personnel, may disconcert the free thrower. For free throws when there are no rebounders in the marked lane spaces, i.e. technical fouls and intentional fouls, the nine nonshooters shall remain behind the free throw line extended and behind the three point arc.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)