The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Thu Nov 21, 2013, 02:19pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetMetFan View Post
So we're supposed to judge whether B1 has moved into or within the path of A1 while A1 is airborne?

1. Do you believe that's the intent of the rule as it concerns an airborne player?
2. Is that how you've called it in the past?
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetMetFan View Post
I believe I left something out of my question: So we're supposed to judge whether B1 has moved a into or within the path of A1 while A1 is airborne AND if it was within but not into A1's path call the play a PC foul?
Yes to all of the Q's.

If B1 was legally A1's path before and was still in A1's path as A1 became airborne, then B1 has LGP. It is a PC regardless of whether B1 moves a little more or not. B1 has met the requirements of LGP.
Old Thu Nov 21, 2013, 03:26pm
Official Forum Member

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark T. DeNucci, Sr. View Post
My beloved Youngstown State University Penguins men's basketball team went down to their first lost of the season to UMass yesterday. I knew they were going to get beat.

I was watching Sports Center earlier this evening that the No. 3 Play of the day was a dunk by a UMass player over a YSU player. I would like to ask our video gurus to post the video if they can find it.

And then, I would like to know, how this dunk was not a PC.

MTD, Sr.
I am sure the YSU football coach would want an ejection....complain at halftime calling UMASS unsportsmanlike and cheap....repeat at end of game...and next day....pick up a technical during the game, etc.

Go Bison!!
Old Thu Nov 21, 2013, 05:12pm
We don't rent pigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camron Rust View Post
If B1 was legally A1's path before and was still in A1's path as A1 became airborne, then B1 has LGP. It is a PC regardless of whether B1 moves a little more or not. B1 has met the requirements of LGP.
I said it first. Camron said it better.

Lonesome Dove