The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   3N2 Shoes (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/96498-3n2-shoes.html)

bob jenkins Thu Nov 07, 2013 12:35pm

3N2 Shoes

I know shoes are (one of) the most personal items we buy, but does anyone have any comments on the 3N2? (And please don't just say "the reeboks are better" -- those don't fit me)

thanks

Rufus Thu Nov 07, 2013 01:09pm

No direct feedback, sorry, but I'm in the market for a new pair of shoes this year and am coming off knee surgery so this topic is timely. Have always worn Official's Footwear, and would be skeptical of a newer shoe like this, but want to remain open to feedback you get from those who've actually worn them.

The reviews I've seen from those wearing them, both for refereeing and general use, seems positive.

BillyMac Thu Nov 07, 2013 05:27pm

Daddy Needs A New Pair Of Shoes ...

Quote:

Originally Posted by bob jenkins (Post 910070)
I know shoes are (one of) the most personal items we buy ...

I used to hate these shoe threads, thinking that they belonged on a separate Forum. Now that I'm more "experienced", I have begun to realize that I have to take care of my feet, and I need to buy good, expensive, shoes to keep my feet, and ankles healthy. I had a problem with Plantar Fasciitis a few years back, probably due to "cheap" shoes, and I never want to go through that again. For this season I've invested almost $250.00 on three new pairs of shoes, patent leather Zigs, matte Zigs, and good, light, black, "walkers" for my Catholic middle school games.

"Firstly, a pair of good shoes; secondly, a second pair of good shoes; and thirdly, a pair of half soles.'' (Field Marshal Arthur Wellesley, 1st Duke of Wellington, when asked the most important part of a soldier's equipment.)

Scuba_ref Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:50am

.....crickets

JRutledge Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:52am

OK, they are ugly. ;)

Peace

fullor30 Fri Nov 08, 2013 01:44pm

The Reeboks are better

wjc3 Fri Nov 08, 2013 01:58pm

I bought a pair of patent leather 3N2 shoes at the end of last season. I have worn them about 20 times. So far they are a comfortable and sturdy shoe. The price was about $55 and I have had many compliments on the shoe.

Here is a link to ebay and they are now on sale for $46.50 with free shipping.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/3N2-Reaction-Referee-Patent-Leather-/331061597817?pt=US_Men_s_Athletic_Footwear&var=&ha sh=item4d14cf1679#ht_1471wt_1096

Walter

ronny mulkey Fri Nov 08, 2013 01:59pm

Bob,

Hate to show my ignorance, but who makes them?

JMUplayer Fri Nov 08, 2013 04:11pm

I believe they are a small independant company....

3N2 Reaction Patent Leather Referee Shoes - Officiating Shoes

brainbrian Fri Nov 08, 2013 10:57pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by wjc3 (Post 910189)
I bought a pair of patent leather 3N2 shoes at the end of last season. I have worn them about 20 times. So far they are a comfortable and sturdy shoe.

Might I ask what other brand of shoe you normally wear that fits good for you?

I'm trying to find out how what other brands these 3N2 shoes may fit like? For example, Nike shoes fit me well but Reebok's do not. If they fit like a Nike or other brand I normally wear I would consider getting them. Thanks.

zm1283 Sat Nov 09, 2013 01:38pm

The 3N2 baseball shoes are notorious for falling apart rather quickly. I would stay away from them.

constable Sat Nov 09, 2013 08:26pm

The way my feet feel in the Reebok's I am reluctant to try another shoe. Perhaps if Asics came out with a patent leather nimbus ( my running/gym/everday shoe) but until that point I am loyal to the zigs.

wjc3 Sat Nov 09, 2013 10:57pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by brainbrian (Post 910237)
Might I ask what other brand of shoe you normally wear that fits good for you?

I'm trying to find out how what other brands these 3N2 shoes may fit like? For example, Nike shoes fit me well but Reebok's do not. If they fit like a Nike or other brand I normally wear I would consider getting them. Thanks.

Brainbrian,

I have been wearing Reebok's for the past couple of years.
The 3N2 fits a little snugger than the Reebok's.

Walter