The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   IAABO black\white patch (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/96300-iaabo-black-white-patch.html)

maroonx Tue Oct 15, 2013 11:22am

IAABO black\white patch

Anyone know where I can buy this patch separately? I bought an IAABO shirt at our membership meeting from a vendor. Got home no patch. Shirt is from smittyapparel. I called Hoings and Smitty. They can't help me.

Smitty Tue Oct 15, 2013 11:38am

Contact the vendor you bought it from. Your association leadership should have their contact info if they were at a meeting.

bob jenkins Tue Oct 15, 2013 11:38am

Call the vendor. Return the shirt. Get the right one.

(Maybe I'm missing something.)

BayStateRef Tue Oct 15, 2013 01:28pm

Honigs is the only vendor authorized to sell IAABO shirts. It will not embroider a patch on a shirt bought elsewhere. It does not sell patches separately. IAABO used to sell patches to board secretaries for $1...and they could sell them to members to put on jackets, shirts, etc. But that practice stopped about the time Honigs got the IAABO contract. We are told that patches are not acceptable on our uniforms...they must be embroidered into the fabric.

maroonx Tue Oct 15, 2013 02:18pm

That's exactly what Hoings said verbatim.

Adam Tue Oct 15, 2013 02:25pm

Was Honig's your vendor?

maroonx Tue Oct 15, 2013 02:29pm

No a local vendor selling stuff. Shirt was from Smitty apparel. Exact same shirt that is required. I just assumed it had a patch.

BayStateRef Tue Oct 15, 2013 02:30pm

Shame on your association for inviting a vendor to sell shirts that are not approved. If Honig's does not want to be at your meetings, then you are out of luck for shirts and jackets. Any vendor can sell shoes, pants, whistles and all non-IAABO gear. Honig's attends one of our meetings each year, but I usually just buy on-line. The small extra charge for shipping is no big deal and its customer service is top notch.

Adam Tue Oct 15, 2013 02:31pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by maroonx (Post 907683)
No a local vendor selling stuff. Shirt was from Smitty apparel. Exact same shirt that is required. I just assumed it had a patch.

Then I would talk to your association about why they had a vendor at the clinic/meeting that isn't even authorized to sell IAABO shirts. Frankly, without the patch, it's not an IAABO shirt; it's just a shirt.

maroonx Tue Oct 15, 2013 02:39pm

Well said. I just use it to wash and wax my truck.

Adam Tue Oct 15, 2013 02:51pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by maroonx (Post 907688)

I have a couple of non-patched shirts. I use them when I work summer and/or middle school games (MS games here do not require IAABO membership).

Raymond Tue Oct 15, 2013 03:03pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by maroonx (Post 907688)

Use it for camps and off-season stuff like AAU.