The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Fri Oct 11, 2013, 10:52am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam View Post
No, he doesn't shake hands with the AD after the game, he does it with the talbe crew while the teams are doing their post-game ritual, and I and his other partner stand in the corner.

I've had a couple of ADs (or game manager) actually start talking to me about getting them the ball after the game. My response is always, "If I can grab it in stride, I'll do it." Then, after the game, "Sorry."

Adam...I would definitely spend some precious pre-game time, with "this guy", about hanging around the court after the game is over.

C'mon man...nothing good can come out of lingering around the table after a game. Tell the guy if he wants to interact with the table...do it before or during the game.

Not only all that...but, it hangs his crew out as they "stand around" waiting for this dude. That's why I don't appreciated another official going out on his own and chasing a ball after a game. The rest of the crew is standing there waiting for him to do the ball boys' duty.

Also, I don't like to sprint off the court after a game. A nice little jog or quickly paced walk is sufficient...IMO.
Richland, WA
Old Fri Oct 11, 2013, 01:14pm
Keeper of the HAMMER

I agree, to be honest. He's been around long enough, though, that he's just not having any of it.

As for leaving the court. I agree. I walk, generally. I'll jog if I'm on the other side of the court.
Old Fri Oct 11, 2013, 01:52pm
AremRed

Quote:
Originally Posted by RookieDude View Post
Also, I don't like to sprint off the court after a game. A nice little jog or quickly paced walk is sufficient...IMO.
Me neither. At the end of the game I head straight for my area/locker room. I've been told running doesn't look good so I just walk briskly. If the court is being stormed, running is ok. No shaking hands in public, the AD will usually see us in private before we leave.
Old Fri Oct 11, 2013, 01:55pm
Do not give a damn!!

I do not sprint, but I run fast to get near the exit. It all really depends on the situation in the game or how the game ends. If it is a blowout where everyone is cool that movement my be a lot lower then a game that ended at the buzzer. For one I am just trying to avoid the fans coming onto the court. But once the exit is clear, then I am going to considerable slow down.

Peace
Old Fri Oct 11, 2013, 05:33pm
Esteemed Forum Member

Tastes Great, Less Filling ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by AremRed View Post
At the end of the game I head straight for my locker room.
Me too. There's a concession stand hot dog there with my name on it. That's a lot more important to me than running down a basketball, or hand shaking everybody like I'm running for mayor. At one of the private schools that we service, there's an ice cold beer with my name on it waiting for me in the locker room.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Fri Oct 11, 2013 at 06:06pm.