The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   Big East and America Conference (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/95376-big-east-america-conference.html)

youngref33 Thu Jun 27, 2013 04:22pm

Big East and America Conference

Who got hired as the mens and womans coordinators?

Camron Rust Thu Jun 27, 2013 04:27pm

I don't know for sure but I heard a rumor that JRutledge got hired as the women's coordinator. :eek:

BillyMac Thu Jun 27, 2013 04:46pm

I Know, I'm A Bad Boy ...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Camron Rust (Post 898665)
I don't know for sure but I heard a rumor that JRutledge got hired as the women's coordinator.

I heard that that same rumor is spreading all over the little northeast corner of Illinois.

BillyMac Thu Jun 27, 2013 04:49pm

Have You Seen The New Logo ???

Quote:

Originally Posted by youngref33 (Post 898664)
American Athletic Conference

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...imary_Logo.png

KJUmp Thu Jun 27, 2013 04:50pm

The Big East hired John Cahill as its supervisor of officials for men's basketball.

I would assume the Art Hyland the former head of officials in the 'old' Big East wiuld continue in that capacity in the re-named American Athletic Conference.

jeschmit Thu Jun 27, 2013 07:03pm

Barb Jacobs has both the BE and the AAC on the women's side (for this year anyways).

Multiple Sports Thu Jun 27, 2013 08:21pm

I've heard from sources that I consider reliable that Hyland is no done deal......

Burr / Shaw and a few others......are interested......

Raymond Thu Jun 27, 2013 09:51pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by KJUmp (Post 898670)
The Big East hired John Cahill as its supervisor of officials for men's basketball.

I would assume the Art Hyland the former head of officials in the 'old' Big East wiuld continue in that capacity in the re-named American Athletic Conference.

I heard a while back from a Big East official that Hyland was stepping down.

Multiple Sports Thu Jun 27, 2013 10:03pm

I think Art is interested in Adams job in a few years.....

Raymond Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:25am

Did Curtis Shaw get the new America Athletic Conference? I never saw an announcement on that.

JetMetFan Thu Aug 22, 2013 11:09am

I went to the BE/AAC/SAWBO Women's camp last month. As was said, Barb Jacobs has both jobs on the women's side (and by her own admission she's pulling her hair out).

On the men's side I saw Art Hyland at a camp the week before that (he was an observer/lecturer...and was hilarious). He said he's giving up the supervisor position for both conferences.

Raymond Thu Aug 22, 2013 11:37am

Quote:

Originally Posted by JetMetFan (Post 903110)
I went to the BE/AAC/SAWBO Women's camp last month. As was said, Barb Jacobs has both jobs on the women's side (and by her own admission she's pulling her hair out).

On the men's side I saw Art Hyland at a camp the week before that (he was an observer/lecturer...and was hilarious). He said he's giving up the supervisor position for both conferences.

Yeah, John Cahill got the Big East job (Men's). But never did hear who got the new AAC position. Thought I heard somewhere that Shaw got it, which wouldn't surprise me since schools like Tulsa, SMU, Tulane, and Houston will be in the conference.

Edit: Guess there is a reason for Google and Bing :cool:

American Athletic Conference joins five-league officiating consortium | CollegeBasketballTalk

Brad Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:11pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by BadNewsRef (Post 903102)
Did Curtis Shaw get the new America Athletic Conference?

Yes.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BadNewsRef (Post 903102)
I never saw an announcement on that.

American Athletic Conference Joins Men's Basketball Officiating Consortium, LLC

Raymond Thu Aug 29, 2013 07:11am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brad (Post 903754)

In true BillyMac style I answered myself already. :D

BillyMac Thu Aug 29, 2013 04:49pm

Keep Your Checkbook Open ...

Quote:

Originally Posted by BadNewsRef (Post 903764)
In true BillyMac style I answered myself already.

I own the sole rights to self-answering on the Forum. Did you get the express written permission of BillyMac? I think not. My people will contact your people on Tuesday morning. I'm such a nice guy that I gave my people a four day weekend. Hopefully we can settle this out of court. I represented Back In The Saddle on an issue with another Forum member who used The Rocket Ship Diagram © 2009, Back In The Saddle, without the express written permission of Back In The Saddle, and we were able to settle out of court, a six figure settlement.