The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Mon May 27, 2013, 07:37pm
Official Forum Member

Maybe a little too much swag?

I was at a tourney this weekend in Colorado. I Moved here from GA last year so naturally I'm not used to a lot of latitude when it comes to the Uniform. at this tournament out of the 3 courts active two crews were wearing these:

when I asked one of the officials why they even would spend the money on It, (Colorado lets you wear 3 different Unis but that aint one of em) she said that one of the major off season assigners was a big supporter of it and was pushing officials to wear it in the off season.I was wondering if anybody else had heard whispers that this was around the corner as a norm, or if im just in an incredibly stylish part of the Country?
Old Mon May 27, 2013, 08:55pm
Official Forum Member

We have two gray pin striped shirts, one with the black side panel, the other without. I don't see anything wrong with wearing it, if the assignor approves.

Have you seen how many different shirts a soccer referee carries in his vehicle?

"You should never be proud of doing the right thing." - Dean Smith

Last edited by BktBallRef; Mon May 27, 2013 at 09:04pm.
Old Tue May 28, 2013, 02:04am
Keeper of the HAMMER

I haven't seen it in Colorado. No one around here even gets the greys out this time of year.
Old Tue May 28, 2013, 04:13am
9/11 - Never Forget

Send a message via Yahoo to grunewar
Haven't seen it here.

But, in VA, we have our "wonderful" new shirt and logo to phase in this year......then mandatory the following year. But, that's for Fed schools only, not private schools. We still use the old shirts fior that. Then of course, we'll need at least a third "patchless" shirt for other games.

Part of the price we pay I guess......as stated in the soccer reference.
Old Tue May 28, 2013, 06:20am
Esteemed Forum Member

Black, Of Course ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by rt1111 View Post
Two crews were wearing these ...
What? No belt?
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)
Old Tue May 28, 2013, 11:59am
Official Forum Member

Is it possible that the tournament you were at was in Colorado Springs?

There was a FIBA certification event there and that shirt looks remarkably similar to the shirts worn at international events.

Just a thought...
Old Tue May 28, 2013, 02:51pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rt1111 View Post
I was at a tourney this weekend in Colorado. I Moved here from GA last year so naturally I'm not used to a lot of latitude when it comes to the Uniform. at this tournament out of the 3 courts active two crews were wearing these:

when I asked one of the officials why they even would spend the money on It, (Colorado lets you wear 3 different Unis but that aint one of em) she said that one of the major off season assigners was a big supporter of it and was pushing officials to wear it in the off season.I was wondering if anybody else had heard whispers that this was around the corner as a norm, or if im just in an incredibly stylish part of the Country?
I have this uniform and probably worked that tournament this weekend. I wouldn't necessarily label that assignor "major" and I only know about 6 other people that wear it. I personally like the look, but wouldn't bother spending money on it.

The only reason I spent money on it, is two of my common partners also own it, so we wear them for our men's leagues quite often. Being new to the area, you'll probably just be throwing your money away.