The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   Funny (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/94958-funny.html)

AremRed Mon May 06, 2013 06:21pm

Funny

From Our Friends at the DVBOA. I love these guys!

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/4bLNFLVfgc4?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

justacoach Mon May 06, 2013 06:49pm

Definitely stealin' this one...:)

OrStBballRef Mon May 06, 2013 09:40pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by justacoach (Post 893077)
Definitely stealin' this one...:)

Lol...agreed. Well done to whoever put this together.

Favorite part - gotta be the Chariots of Fire theme at 320....

hoopsaddict Mon May 06, 2013 10:21pm

Is there anything in particular members of DVBOA do to get tapes from so many different games they have referees on?

AremRed Mon May 06, 2013 10:44pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by hoopsaddict (Post 893089)
Is there anything in particular members of DVBOA do to get tapes from so many different games they have referees on?

Yes, they bring cameras.

Quote:

Originally Posted by OrStBballRef (Post 893085)
Favorite part - gotta be the Chariots of Fire theme at 320....

I like to think this is the music that plays whenever BillyMac is running. The slo-mo too.

hoopsaddict Mon May 06, 2013 10:45pm

Friends, wife's, fellow referees not working tape the games?

JugglingReferee Tue May 07, 2013 07:32am

Awesome!

AremRed Thu May 09, 2013 05:27pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by hoopsaddict (Post 893094)
Friends, wife's, fellow referees not working tape the games?

The guy who made these videos just joined the forum, username dvboa. I'm sure he knows the answer.

grunewar Fri May 10, 2013 08:12am

Disconcertion? (sarc)

Had a funny last night.

B13U spring game. Team A up by 4 with under a minute to go. A1 at the line for two FT's.

A2 standing behind him just outside the FT circle and whispering to himself, but loud enough for the shooter and me to hear, "Please make it. Please make it. Please make it."

He made one of two. They won.

Adam Fri May 10, 2013 08:22am

Loved the video. Not a fan of the block call at 3:41, though.

OKREF Fri May 10, 2013 11:13am

Yea, the block call I didn't like either.

#olderthanilook Fri May 10, 2013 01:21pm

Perfect for a Friday afternoon! Thanks for posting.

I've never heard the word "biatch" used more times within the span of 60 seconds....ever.

The big burrito with lots of hot sauce clip was hilarious too.

:D

Freddy Sat May 11, 2013 10:21am

Two Thumbs Up

Superb!
If this was for their year-end banquet, I wish I had been there to view the group reaction. The "insider humor" needle would have been pushing the limit.
Must have taken a group of officials a ton of time to do the voice overs. For those around here who tell me I've got too much time on my hands to output the stuff I do, I'm gonna show them this.
Made my day on a day I needed my day to be made.

dvboa Sat May 11, 2013 10:45am

Quote:

Originally Posted by hoopsaddict (Post 893089)

Hey all,

Glad you like the videos. To answer your question about how we get video, I have a crew of 3 that goes out and films. I was lucky enough to have some great volunteers this year to help out. I own 2 cameras and tripods and one of our guys went out and bought his own set up.
If I were to start a video film crew/group for an association I would find one person that knows a lot about computers and has some video experience. I would task that person to put all the video taken onto one hard drive.
I would purchase 1 or 2 camera setups with tripods for the association and task either young rookie officials or some of the older veterans that don't work as much to go out and film games. Wives and teenagers of officials will work as well. So long as you have one place to take and compile all the games.
It's worked for us and I now have hundreds of hours of game film to search through for plays.

Ryan
DVBOA

Freddy Sat May 11, 2013 09:06pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by dvboa (Post 893667)
Hey all,

Glad you like the videos. To answer your question about how we get video, I have a crew of 3 that goes out and films. I was lucky enough to have some great volunteers this year to help out. I own 2 cameras and tripods and one of our guys went out and bought his own set up.
If I were to start a video film crew/group for an association I would find one person that knows a lot about computers and has some video experience. I would task that person to put all the video taken onto one hard drive.
I would purchase 1 or 2 camera setups with tripods for the association and task either young rookie officials or some of the older veterans that don't work as much to go out and film games. Wives and teenagers of officials will work as well. So long as you have one place to take and compile all the games.
It's worked for us and I now have hundreds of hours of game film to search through for plays.

Ryan
DVBOA

I've been an admirer of the what you've put on the internet.
Has it ever been an issue with any of your association members that their games are posted directly to the net?