The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   Louisville-California (W) block charge clip (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/94746-louisville-california-w-block-charge-clip.html)

JetMetFan Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:31am

Louisville-California (W) block charge clip

Just wanted some thoughts on the call from the general population...

<iframe width="512" height="288" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/l4zfMALtIhQ?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

blindzebra Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:39am

Block 13/15(?) slides over after she is in the air.

Also like how she tries to kick her when she was on the floor.

IUgrad92 Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:42am

Dribbler a tad out of control and I think goes through the defender. I would, however, have a T on Red 13 for the foot action.....

JeffM Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:09am

Block and a T on #13

I see a block on 13 (lateral movement after shooter was airborne) followed by a T on 13.

There seems to be a pattern of poor sportsmanship from the Louisville players. The Director of Officials should incentivize tonight's crew to take care of business before it gets out of hand.:D

Judtech Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:10am

Quote:

Originally Posted by JeffM (Post 889958)
I see a block on 13 (lateral movement after shooter was airborne) followed by a T on 13.

There seems to be a pattern of poor sportsmanship from the Louisville players. The Director of Officials should incentivize tonight's crew to take care of business before it gets out of hand.:D

Well Cancun is out.....

Raymond Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:50am

I got a PC followed by a T.

Judtech Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:00pm

In the first half, can't recall the time, a Cal player shoots a 3 and ends up tangled on the UL bench. On her way out a UL player tries to kick her.
Who woulda thought Geno's kids would be the better behaved?

JRutledge Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:19pm

I have a travel. Not sure where but I have travel. ;)

Peace

Judtech Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:23pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRutledge (Post 889990)
I have a travel. Not sure where but I have travel. ;)

Peace

I was thinking 3 seconds....:cool:

JRutledge Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:25pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Judtech (Post 889993)
I was thinking 3 seconds....:cool:

That too. But seriously many officials would have called a travel on this play in my experience. I know players that will not even try a jump stop because they are called for a travel for a legal move.

Peace

Camron Rust Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:41pm

Charge. At the time the shooter left the floor, the defender was in her path. The defender may have still been moving but the shooter was already cutoff.

pizanno Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:32am

celebratory action?

I'm not convinced the kicking action is directed towards the player. The second replay angle shows #13 pound the floor with right fist at same time her leg straightens/kicks. She's also looking in a direction away from offensive player during and after the kick.

Celebratory actions can sometimes lead to incidental or unintended contact. Just ask Danny Crawford :D

Adam Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:35am

Quote:

Originally Posted by pizanno (Post 890295)
I'm not convinced the kicking action is directed towards the player. The second replay angle shows #13 pound the floor with right fist at same time her leg straightens/kicks. She's also looking in a direction away from offensive player during and after the kick.

Celebratory actions can sometimes lead to incidental or unintended contact. Just ask Danny Crawford :D

I disagree. Love the PC call, but this knee kick wasn't celebratory. Whistle that, and it stops.

Raymond Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:00pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by pizanno (Post 890295)

After seeing the conduct of Louisville players vs. Baylor and Cal they get ZERO benefit of the doubt from me.

Adam Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:04pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by badnewsref (Post 890313)
after seeing the conduct of louisville players vs. Baylor and cal they get zero benefit of the doubt from me.

+1