The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   Womens championship game (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/94742-womens-championship-game.html)

Judtech Tue Apr 09, 2013 09:27pm

7:17 hard foul. Flagrant ?
Someone forgot to tell UL they had to play defense tonite

APG Tue Apr 09, 2013 09:28pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Judtech (Post 890194)
7:17 hard foul. Flagrant ?
Someone forgot to tell UL they had to play defense tonite

By itself, I didn't think it was a flagrant foul but I haven't watched much of this game.

VaTerp Tue Apr 09, 2013 09:30pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nevadaref (Post 890182)
Classic only in that UConn is blasting the opposition by 20.
This has frequently been the case over the past two decades. The top team is far better than the rest of the competition and it makes for an anti-climatic finish to the season. How many something and 0 teams have there been in the last 20 years in the women's game?

Except that this is totally inaccurate in regards to this year. The top team all season was Baylor, the defending champion, who was beaten in the sweet 16.

And then the UConn beat a ND team that they were 0-3 against this season.

Judtech Tue Apr 09, 2013 09:30pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by APG (Post 890197)
By itself, I didn't think it was a flagrant foul but I haven't watched much of this game.

The announcers are killing me. I thought it was a good patient whistle before they went F1. You can always upgrade but you can't downgrade. Thought it was a good F1.

Brad Tue Apr 09, 2013 09:42pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nikki (Post 890176)
3 deserving female officials on the floor to work the WOMENS championship game and 3 deserving male officials on the floor to work the MENS championship game...what's the problem?

100% agreed.

Nevadaref Tue Apr 09, 2013 09:50pm

I've personally seen female officials selected over more deserving male counterparts at both the HS and college levels for no other reason than their gender. It happens and it is wrong.

AremRed Tue Apr 09, 2013 09:53pm

See what I did there?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nevadaref (Post 890207)
Disagree, and have every right to. I've personally seen female officials selected over more deserving male counterparts at both the HS and college levels for no other reason than their gender. It happens and it is wrong.

Hey, they might have made a bad call but at least they were consistent about it...

Raymond Tue Apr 09, 2013 09:58pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nevadaref (Post 890207)
Disagree, and have every right to. I've personally seen female officials selected over more deserving male counterparts at both the HS and college levels for no other reason than their gender. It happens and it is wrong.

You specifically referenced this game. What does what you personally have witnessed in your corner of the world have to do with Pantoja, Mattingly, and Brooks?

I've seen white officials picked over more deserving black officials in my corner of the world. Does that mean Higgins, Cahill, Hess, etc didn't deserve their assignments? For a lawyer you sure do make some illogical and baseless statements.

JRutledge Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:25pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by BadNewsRef (Post 890210)
You specifically referenced this game. What does what you personally have witnessed in your corner of the world have to do with Pantoja, Mattingly, and Brooks?

I've seen white officials picked over more deserving black officials in my corner of the world. Does that mean Higgins, Cahill, Hess, etc didn't deserve their assignments? For a lawyer you sure do make some illogical and baseless statements.

And who the f**k are you to say who should or shouldn't be moderating?

Exactly. I love when a certain group that has always been getting the opportunities are finally shut out and all of a sudden there is some "reverse discrimination." What was it when no Blacks or Women ever worked those games? And heck I still see an entire staff in many conferences that look nothing like the players, but if people were to cry discrimination there they would be wrong?

Peace

Judtech Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:35pm

I'm from Amish stock so.....
Was I the only one who watched the game?

JRutledge Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:45pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Judtech (Post 890217)

Probably. I know I did not see a minute of the game. And if no one is talking about the game and other issues, there you go. :D

Peace

APG Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:51pm

Quote:

Flipped to the game every now and then...saw it was a blowout. Kept it on the channel for the final 8 of the game.

Nikki Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:54pm

Quote:

I was working and while I could watch the men's game last night because it was streaming online, the women's game was not, so i only got to listen to the radio version, wasn't very exciting just to listen to.

maroonx Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:14pm

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
CT blew the garbage off the floor.

JetMetFan Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:45pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nevadaref (Post 890170)
Will be three females. The reverse sexism in the officiating of the women's game is sick. After all the complaining about not getting a decent shot at men's games, it is ironic to see how those in charge completely shut out males with their choices.

Just a point of information: Yes, all three officials for the D1 champioship were female both this year and last. Also, 7 of the 9 officials on the court in the D1, 2 and 3 title games this season were female. However...last season 5 of the 9 officials on the court for those games were men, including an all-male crew in the D3 championship game.