The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Thu Apr 04, 2013, 10:19am
Keeper of the HAMMER

Quote:
Originally Posted by maroonx View Post
Yes I do. I include in my pre-game to the players. red jersey players talk to the red jersey players and the blue jersey players talk to the blue jersey players. As soon as the Louisvile bounced up and faced Grinder. Tweet!!!!
I misread you, then, I thought you were saying you liked their decisions. I see now you only meant on the double Ts.
Old Thu Apr 04, 2013, 11:22am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by maroonx View Post
Yes I do. I include in my pre-game to the players. red jersey players talk to the red jersey players and the blue jersey players talk to the blue jersey players. As soon as the Louisvile bounced up and faced Grinder. Tweet!!!!
Not so sure how things work in the NCAA women's "real world", but in H.S. ball that display by the L'ville player is a textbook example of taunting which earns an instant whacking.
Old Thu Apr 04, 2013, 11:46am
Keeper of the HAMMER

Quote:
Originally Posted by #olderthanilook View Post
Not so sure how things work in the NCAA women's "real world", but in H.S. ball that display by the L'ville player is a textbook example of taunting which earns an instant whacking.
"Especially" since she was taunting based on a freaking circus shot.
Old Thu Apr 04, 2013, 12:00pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OKREF View Post
I agree with everything you just said. I have never said any different.
Actually, you did say something different.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by OKREF View Post
I just think that Mulkey complaining about the game being to physical is the pot calling the kettle black, when she had the most dominating physcial player ever in the womens game. That's all.
As I stated, there is a huge difference between being physically dominant based on size and athletic ability and being physical in style of play. So to say that Mulkey shouldn't complain about physical play just because she has a player that is physically dominant based on her natural size and ability is wrong IMO.

That's the type of mentality that leads to some officials allowing bigger players to get beat up just b/c of their size.

I won't pretend that I watch a lot of women's basketball (other than Skylar Diggins ) but whenever I watch Griner I don't see a player being extremely physical. I see a player who has decent footwork, post moves, and touch, who uses her size and length to get position and shoot over people.

And you also seem to gloss over the taunt by the L-ville player saying that what the Baylor player did was worse. I just don't see how you come to that conclusion.