The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   UConn Women Technical (Video Added) (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/94598-uconn-women-technical-video-added.html)

pfan1981 Sat Mar 30, 2013 07:31pm

UConn Women Technical (Video Added)

Right before half, Connecticut drives the lane and gets mauled. No call, Geno loses it and is at half court, but doesn't get a technical. So he gets pulled back to the bench, then goes to the L to get his technical. According to the broadcasters the crew only called 5 fouls in the first half when more should have been called.

How can you have a no call on this? I guess if the L saw a clean block :confused:

pfan

JetMetFan Sat Mar 30, 2013 09:08pm

He did get a T. They talked about it on the broadcast coming out of halftime.

AremRed Sat Mar 30, 2013 10:29pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by JetMetFan (Post 887793)
He did get a T. They talked about it on the broadcast coming out of halftime.

He is talking about the play being a no-call, not the technical.

Adam Sat Mar 30, 2013 10:41pm

Geno thinks he doesn't get calls because he's a guy. Or because he's Italian. Or because he's an idiot. I can't remember which.

Sometimes, calls are just missed. Without seeing the video, I can't say which it was.

JRutledge Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:06pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adam (Post 887803)
Geno thinks he doesn't get calls because he's a guy. Or because he's Italian. Or because he's an idiot. I can't remember which.

Sometimes, calls are just missed. Without seeing the video, I can't say which it was.

I would think a lot of coaches would love to be a coach that does not get calls with his success. Geno is a baby and never liked him with all that whining.

Peace

Adam Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:19pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRutledge (Post 887809)
I would think a lot of coaches would love to be a coach that does not get calls with his success. Geno is a baby and never liked him with all that whining.

Peace

+1

Maybe we should call him coach Kgeno?

JetMetFan Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:35am

Quote:

Originally Posted by seanwestref (Post 887800)
He is talking about the play being a no-call, not the technical.

Sorry about that. Read the OP quickly on the way out of the house.

Mark T. DeNucci, Sr. Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:53am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adam (Post 887803)

Adam:

I am in the Mafia from Youngstown, Ohio, and I know where you live, :p.

MTD, Sr.

Judtech Sun Mar 31, 2013 08:02am

It was a missed call. Which is probably why it took so long for the T. I will say Geno has mellowed over the years.

JetMetFan Sun Mar 31, 2013 09:40am

Maryland-Connecticut (W) clip(s)

Quote:

Originally Posted by pfan1981 (Post 887775)
Right before half, Connecticut drives the lane and gets mauled. No call, Geno loses it and is at half court, but doesn't get a technical. So he gets pulled back to the bench, then goes to the L to get his technical.

<iframe width="768" height="432" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/gasfwzIe-wA?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

JetMetFan Sun Mar 31, 2013 09:41am

My guess is I'm going to be seeing this play again in the fall as part of the NCAAW officiating video under "Bench Decorum."

Adam Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:22am

Regarding the drive. That's not mauled. It's a foul, and it's one I would call, but it hardly warrants the fit Kgeno throws.

Rich Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:28am

Didn't seem to have a strong C on that drive.

At first I thought there was a travel to start the drive, but I was wrong.

mj Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:37am

Um yeah, someone has to have something on that shot. Geno should've been T'ed earlier than what he was but the rope was probably pretty long due to the missed call.

I thought Geno should've been in the previous game when screaming across the court 'you're terrible.' Pretty sure there was an f-bomb in there too.

JetMetFan Sun Mar 31, 2013 11:10am

Quote:

Originally Posted by mj (Post 887868)
Um yeah, someone has to have something on that shot. Geno should've been T'ed earlier than what he was but the rope was probably pretty long due to the missed call.

That's not going to be much of an excuse once the phone call comes from the observer and/or Debbie Williamson (if the crew didn't all have messages on their cells by the time they hit the locker for halftime I'd be shocked).

For at least the last three years the NCAAW officiating video has included a section on bench decorum (and yes, Geno has been prominent). Geno not getting rung up immediately when he's at the division line? :eek: