Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Thu Mar 28, 2013, 04:05am
9/11 - Never Forget

Send a message via Yahoo to grunewar
Flagrant on Lebron......

LeBron James' flagrant on Carlos Boozer proves costly

Yes? No? Maybe so?

Oh yeah, and he rips the refs.......shocker.

From one of the articles:

"The way I've been explained is, it's balance, speed, rhythm, quickness," Battier said. "A foul is any time balance, speed, rhythm and quickness is disrupted. LeBron's the strongest guy in the league with the ball. So from far away, it doesn't look like his balance, speed, rhythm and quickness is really affected.

"So I think defenders get more benefit of the doubt against him than the rules dictate."

Last edited by grunewar; Thu Mar 28, 2013 at 04:08am.
Old Thu Mar 28, 2013, 05:39am
AremRed

Taj Gibson fouls LeBron pretty hard at 0:45 of the video on this page. Can someone explain to my why this was not called a Flagrant 1 foul?
Old Thu Mar 28, 2013, 05:50am
Official Forum Member

Chaos isn't a pit. Chaos is a ladder. Many who try to climb it fail and never get to try again. The fall breaks them. And some, given a chance to climb, they refuse. They cling to the realm, or the gods, or love. Illusions.

Only the ladder is real. The climb is all there is.

Old Thu Mar 28, 2013, 06:03am
9/11 - Never Forget

Send a message via Yahoo to grunewar
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanwestref View Post
Taj Gibson fouls LeBron pretty hard at 0:45 of the video on this page. Can someone explain to my why this was not called a Flagrant 1 foul?
At the 2:00 of this video is a better look at Lebron's flagrant. A look from the back side and then his eyes at the 2:05 mark angle definitely tell a story.

While I don't watch much NBA, I thought this to be a very physical game.
Old Thu Mar 28, 2013, 07:34am
NFHS Official

That was an easy flagrant foul on LeBron. The fouls he took were hard but I didn't think they were flagrant.
Old Thu Mar 28, 2013, 01:03pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by okref View Post
that was an easy flagrant foul on lebron. The fouls he took were hard but i didn't think they were flagrant.
+1
Old Thu Mar 28, 2013, 01:10pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Why do you think it should be a flagrant foul?
Chaos isn't a pit. Chaos is a ladder. Many who try to climb it fail and never get to try again. The fall breaks them. And some, given a chance to climb, they refuse. They cling to the realm, or the gods, or love. Illusions.

Old Thu Mar 28, 2013, 07:30pm
AremRed

Quote:
Originally Posted by APG View Post
Why do you think it should be a flagrant foul?
Sure. Red 22 fouled Black 6 on the arm first, attempting to swat the ball. B6 was then fouled across the face by Red 21, whose contact was excessive/unecessary. Not only did R21 foul B6 across the face, R21's hand across the neck caused B6 to be pulled down from behind.

If not a flagrant, definitely a technical.
Old Thu Mar 28, 2013, 07:42pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Sure. Red 22 fouled Black 6 on the arm first, attempting to swat the ball. B6 was then fouled across the face by Red 21, whose contact was excessive/unecessary. Not only did R21 foul B6 across the face, R21's hand across the neck caused B6 to be pulled down from behind.

One, he got him across the shoulder...which is something to look for for flagrant fouls in the NBA but he didn't get hit in the face.

Two, this wouldn't be grounds for a technical foul in the NBA...that contact would not be considered unsporting. And since the ball was still technically live (as the player was clearly in the act of shooting), you wouldn't call a technical foul for dead ball contact that is NFHS: intentional or flagrant.

My guess, there was no wind up, no hard or significant impact, and not enough of a follow through to warrant a flagrant foul penalty one.

Old Fri Mar 29, 2013, 05:04am
Official Forum Member

Quote:

Nope...common foul. LeBron was wrong on both fouls. The first one actually should have been an offensive foul and the last one was a garden variety foul by a player trying to contact the ball.
Old Fri Mar 29, 2013, 11:18am
Official Forum Member

FYI, LeBron James's foul was upheld as a flagrant foul penalty one and Taj Gibson's contact was not upgraded to a flagrant foul by the league.

Old Fri Mar 29, 2013, 11:59am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
FYI, LeBron James's foul was upheld as a flagrant foul penalty one and Taj Gibson's contact was not upgraded to a flagrant foul by the league.
I assume you meant the one where he looked at the screen then rammed into it on purpose.
Old Fri Mar 29, 2013, 12:04pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camron Rust View Post
I assume you meant the one where he looked at the screen then rammed into it on purpose.
That was what the thread was initially about.

Old Fri Mar 29, 2013, 12:11pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
That was what the thread was initially about.
I thought so but there were at least 3 different plays being discussed IIRC.