The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Sun Mar 24, 2013, 02:35pm
Official Forum Member

Clip(s): Iowa State v. Ohio State

Chaos isn't a pit. Chaos is a ladder. Many who try to climb it fail and never get to try again. The fall breaks them. And some, given a chance to climb, they refuse. They cling to the realm, or the gods, or love. Illusions.

Only the ladder is real. The climb is all there is.

Old Sun Mar 24, 2013, 02:45pm
Do not give a damn!!

1. He never puts the ball back on the floor. How do you wave that off? What else was he doing but shooting?

2. Clearly a charge IMO. Craft has both feet down before the shooter goes airborne and that is without any consideration to the RA. But the replay I saw after the game and in the studio of CBS, it looked like his heel was over the line. That being said, I do not see how an officials gets that call in real time.

Peace
Old Sun Mar 24, 2013, 02:55pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge View Post
1. He never puts the ball back on the floor. How do you wave that off? What else was he doing but shooting?

2. Clearly a charge IMO. Craft has both feet down before the shooter goes airborne and that is without any consideration to the RA. But the replay I saw after the game and in the studio of CBS, it looked like his heel was over the line. That being said, I do not see how an officials gets that call in real time.

Peace
1. Yeah, that was my thought live. He stopped dribbling before the bump and continued with his shooting motion. What more did the L want? That's one of those where the T might have said "You've got shots, right?" as the L took the call to the table.

2. That's where the C is supposed to come in and help but I can see why he wouldn't if he wasn't 100% sure. That being said, my guess is someone asked the C after the game if there was a chance for him to pick up the RA.
"The NCAA created this mess, so let them live with it." (JRutledge)
Old Sun Mar 24, 2013, 03:22pm
Official Forum Member

1. Easily in the act of shooting...and 1.

2. RA block... understandably missed in real time.
Chaos isn't a pit. Chaos is a ladder. Many who try to climb it fail and never get to try again. The fall breaks them. And some, given a chance to climb, they refuse. They cling to the realm, or the gods, or love. Illusions.

Only the ladder is real. The climb is all there is.

Old Sun Mar 24, 2013, 04:22pm
Official & Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by APG View Post
2. RA block... understandably missed in real time.
Which is essentially what John Adams said in an interview on CBS immediately after the game.

As usual, Barkley was popping off about how the officials missed it..."a turrible call". Not sure why they let him near a microphone.
Old Sun Mar 24, 2013, 04:38pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad Zebra View Post
Which is essentially what John Adams said in an interview on CBS immediately after the game.

As usual, Barkley was popping off about how the officials missed it..."a turrible call". Not sure why they let him near a microphone.
I love Barkley. He is right a lot more than he's wrong. He may not be the most eloquent but I really have no interest in hearing the Queen of England talk basketball.

He is one of the most entertaining they have as he's not afraid to tell the truth where others try to be PC.
Old Sun Mar 24, 2013, 04:45pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camron Rust View Post
I love Barkley. He is right a lot more than he's wrong. He may not be the most eloquent but I really have no interest in hearing the Queen of England talk basketball.

He is one of the most entertaining they have as he's not afraid to tell the truth where others try to be PC.
He is certainly entertaining, but when it comes to rules and situations with rules he is a lot more wrong than anything. He went on and on yesterday about the FF rules and did not realize that the people that came up with these rules played the game and are coaches. Most college coaches played somewhere and most at the level coaches at a school that could play in this tournament. Barkley is just bad most of the time.

Peace
Old Sun Mar 24, 2013, 04:51pm
Official Forum Member

Forget about the restricted area for a moment and if this were NFHS rules, do you have block or charge?
Old Sun Mar 24, 2013, 05:24pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Ringo View Post
Forget about the restricted area for a moment and if this were NFHS rules, do you have block or charge?
A charge IMO. I thought Craft was in LGP and, even using the non-informed fan rules, "set".
Old Sun Mar 24, 2013, 05:29pm
NFHS Official

I have a foul on 1 white, prior to the block/charge.
Old Sun Mar 24, 2013, 05:31pm
Official & Member

Quote:
I think he's a buffoon but I find him entertaining like Howard Stern entertaining...tune in to see what he's going to say next. I'm surprised CBS gave him such a visible slot.
Old Sun Mar 24, 2013, 05:40pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:

Plus 1

He only said ref missed call which he apparently did according to most here. I never heard him say 'turrible call' The announcing crew admiitted it was a very tough call implying the crew did the best they could, but just missed this one, which is understandable.
Old Sun Mar 24, 2013, 05:43pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad Zebra View Post
I think he's a buffoon but I find him entertaining like Howard Stern entertaining...tune in to see what he's going to say next. I'm surprised CBS gave him such a visible slot.

Same reason he's on countless ads, people like him, he's honest. Why do you feel he's a buffoon?
Old Sun Mar 24, 2013, 05:57pm
Official & Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fullor30 View Post
Plus 1

He only said ref missed call which he apparently did according to most here. I never heard him say 'turrible call' The announcing crew admiitted it was a very tough call implying the crew did the best they could, but just missed this one, which is understandable.
I watched it to the end...he went on and on about how bad a call it was. Others on the panel, including Gumbel, were defending the official because of how close/borderline and fast the play was...they showed repeated replays with Craft's foot hovering over the RA...in chimes Charles...It was turrible.

Last edited by Bad Zebra; Sun Mar 24, 2013 at 06:03pm.
Old Sun Mar 24, 2013, 06:17pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fullor30 View Post
Plus 1

Well it was not that simple. He kind of went on and on and was a little unreasonable about it. He made it sound like there is no way the officials should have missed that. And Kenny and Greg Anthony were basically talking Charles off the ledge. Just like they were giving him crap about his position about the Big Ten. And when John Adams came on and said what he felt about the call, Charles had nothing to say. Not sure if he was not in the room or he just was asked not to say anything, but Charles had nothing to ask or say about John's comments.

Peace