The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   Clip(s): Iowa State v. Ohio State (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/94503-clip-s-iowa-state-v-ohio-state.html)

APG Sun Mar 24, 2013 02:35pm

Clip(s): Iowa State v. Ohio State

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube-nocookie.com/embed/k75QTlAs1Yk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe> <iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube-nocookie.com/embed/cSLOi7qA06E" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

JRutledge Sun Mar 24, 2013 02:45pm

1. He never puts the ball back on the floor. How do you wave that off? What else was he doing but shooting?

2. Clearly a charge IMO. Craft has both feet down before the shooter goes airborne and that is without any consideration to the RA. But the replay I saw after the game and in the studio of CBS, it looked like his heel was over the line. That being said, I do not see how an officials gets that call in real time.

Peace

JetMetFan Sun Mar 24, 2013 02:55pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRutledge (Post 886498)
1. He never puts the ball back on the floor. How do you wave that off? What else was he doing but shooting?

2. Clearly a charge IMO. Craft has both feet down before the shooter goes airborne and that is without any consideration to the RA. But the replay I saw after the game and in the studio of CBS, it looked like his heel was over the line. That being said, I do not see how an officials gets that call in real time.

Peace

1. Yeah, that was my thought live. He stopped dribbling before the bump and continued with his shooting motion. What more did the L want? That's one of those where the T might have said "You've got shots, right?" as the L took the call to the table.

2. That's where the C is supposed to come in and help but I can see why he wouldn't if he wasn't 100% sure. That being said, my guess is someone asked the C after the game if there was a chance for him to pick up the RA.

APG Sun Mar 24, 2013 03:22pm

1. Easily in the act of shooting...and 1.

2. RA block... understandably missed in real time.

Bad Zebra Sun Mar 24, 2013 04:22pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by APG (Post 886519)
2. RA block... understandably missed in real time.

Which is essentially what John Adams said in an interview on CBS immediately after the game.

As usual, Barkley was popping off about how the officials missed it..."a turrible call". Not sure why they let him near a microphone.

Camron Rust Sun Mar 24, 2013 04:38pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bad Zebra (Post 886545)
Which is essentially what John Adams said in an interview on CBS immediately after the game.

As usual, Barkley was popping off about how the officials missed it..."a turrible call". Not sure why they let him near a microphone.

I love Barkley. He is right a lot more than he's wrong. He may not be the most eloquent but I really have no interest in hearing the Queen of England talk basketball.

He is one of the most entertaining they have as he's not afraid to tell the truth where others try to be PC.

JRutledge Sun Mar 24, 2013 04:45pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Camron Rust (Post 886554)
I love Barkley. He is right a lot more than he's wrong. He may not be the most eloquent but I really have no interest in hearing the Queen of England talk basketball.

He is one of the most entertaining they have as he's not afraid to tell the truth where others try to be PC.

He is certainly entertaining, but when it comes to rules and situations with rules he is a lot more wrong than anything. He went on and on yesterday about the FF rules and did not realize that the people that came up with these rules played the game and are coaches. Most college coaches played somewhere and most at the level coaches at a school that could play in this tournament. Barkley is just bad most of the time.

Peace

Johnny Ringo Sun Mar 24, 2013 04:51pm

Forget about the restricted area for a moment and if this were NFHS rules, do you have block or charge?

scrounge Sun Mar 24, 2013 05:24pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johnny Ringo (Post 886562)
Forget about the restricted area for a moment and if this were NFHS rules, do you have block or charge?

A charge IMO. I thought Craft was in LGP and, even using the non-informed fan rules, "set".

OKREF Sun Mar 24, 2013 05:29pm

I have a foul on 1 white, prior to the block/charge.

Bad Zebra Sun Mar 24, 2013 05:31pm

Quote:

I think he's a buffoon but I find him entertaining like Howard Stern entertaining...tune in to see what he's going to say next. I'm surprised CBS gave him such a visible slot.

fullor30 Sun Mar 24, 2013 05:40pm

Quote:

Plus 1

He only said ref missed call which he apparently did according to most here. I never heard him say 'turrible call' The announcing crew admiitted it was a very tough call implying the crew did the best they could, but just missed this one, which is understandable.

fullor30 Sun Mar 24, 2013 05:43pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bad Zebra (Post 886566)
I think he's a buffoon but I find him entertaining like Howard Stern entertaining...tune in to see what he's going to say next. I'm surprised CBS gave him such a visible slot.

Same reason he's on countless ads, people like him, he's honest. Why do you feel he's a buffoon?

Bad Zebra Sun Mar 24, 2013 05:57pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by fullor30 (Post 886572)
Plus 1

He only said ref missed call which he apparently did according to most here. I never heard him say 'turrible call' The announcing crew admiitted it was a very tough call implying the crew did the best they could, but just missed this one, which is understandable.

I watched it to the end...he went on and on about how bad a call it was. Others on the panel, including Gumbel, were defending the official because of how close/borderline and fast the play was...they showed repeated replays with Craft's foot hovering over the RA...in chimes Charles...It was turrible.

JRutledge Sun Mar 24, 2013 06:17pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by fullor30 (Post 886572)
Plus 1

Well it was not that simple. He kind of went on and on and was a little unreasonable about it. He made it sound like there is no way the officials should have missed that. And Kenny and Greg Anthony were basically talking Charles off the ledge. Just like they were giving him crap about his position about the Big Ten. And when John Adams came on and said what he felt about the call, Charles had nothing to say. Not sure if he was not in the room or he just was asked not to say anything, but Charles had nothing to ask or say about John's comments.

Peace