The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   Putting hands on official? (Video added) (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/94316-putting-hands-official-video-added.html)

paulsonj72 Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:46pm

Putting hands on official? (Video added)

Is it an automatic dq if a player puts hsi(or her) hands on an official. Late in the 1st half of the Illinois 2A boys title game a player did so and was subsequently dq'ed. However that was his 2nd T as he had just received a T for the same play so he could have been dq'ed for that. If not for the 1st T is that an automatic DQ(or ejection as called on the TV broadcast)

Adam Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:48pm

Not necessarily automatic, but very likely.

paulsonj72 Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:50pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adam (Post 883959)
Not necessarily automatic, but very likely.

As stated kid was dq'ed(or ejected) because putting his hands on the official was his 2nd T and thus that was automatic.

JRutledge Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:05pm

It is pretty automatic. I saw the play too and it was a good call. I can see this play being used as an example in future videos in our state.

Peace

paulsonj72 Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:11pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRutledge (Post 883963)
It is pretty automatic. I saw the play too and it was a good call. I can see this play being used as an example in future videos in our state.

Peace

I actually didn't see the play live. I was watching another game online but heard the audio and all the hub hub so I changed screens and saw the whole thing on replay. I asked because I was curious as I have never seen that at the high school level and also since he was gone anyway due to the 2nd T.

rekent Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:15pm

APG, Jet - anyone able to post this one for those of us who didn't see it?

JRutledge Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:17pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by paulsonj72 (Post 883964)
I actually didn't see the play live. I was watching another game online but heard the audio and all the hub hub so I changed screens and saw the whole thing on replay. I asked because I was curious as I have never seen that at the high school level and also since he was gone anyway due to the 2nd T.

I saw the play.

If I can get copy of the play, I will post it. But I certainly feel it was warranted and would have been warranted if it was the first T.

Peace

Adam Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:21pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by paulsonj72 (Post 883961)
As stated kid was dq'ed(or ejected) because putting his hands on the official was his 2nd T and thus that was automatic.

I'm just saying it may not be automatic flagrant, but it's close. I haven't seen the play, so I dont know what you mean by "putting hands on the official."

paulsonj72 Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:28pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adam (Post 883967)
I'm just saying it may not be automatic flagrant, but it's close. I haven't seen the play, so I dont know what you mean by "putting hands on the official."

He gave the official a shove(not a big one but still a shove) while proteszting his 1st T. He was then given the 2nd T for the shove and was DQ'ed(ejected) for 2 T's

APG Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:37pm

South Holland (Seton Academy) vs Harrisburg?

If that's the game, I might be able to get a clip of the play later.

paulsonj72 Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:42pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by APG (Post 883970)
South Holland (Seton Academy) vs Harrisburg?

If that's the game, I might be able to get a clip of the play later.

That is the game. Happened with 2:05 to go in the 2nd quarter

deecee Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:43pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by paulsonj72 (Post 883968)
He gave the official a shove(not a big one but still a shove)

He's done in my game.

APG Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:20am

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube-nocookie.com/embed/dsMAUlT5v-o" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

deecee Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:41am

Adios son, enjoy the game from the bench.

Camron Rust Sun Mar 10, 2013 01:09am

Either way on this one he was done, it was his 2nd T.

Touching an official may or may not be a flagrant T, however. If it is hostile, FF. If it is chummy (puts their arm across your shoulder to ask a question), probably nothing.