The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Fri Mar 08, 2013, 09:00am
Official Forum Member

There goes your sponsor

I read that in one of Virginia's High School state semifinal games West Point HS was assessed a T for wearing jersey's with a Nike swoosh (logo) on them. Not that this is terribly unusual, but these apparently are same jerseys worn all year (unpenalized) and this T was given to start the SECOND HALF

Sorry, just now saw the other posts on this at end of headband thread
Old Fri Mar 08, 2013, 09:02am
Courageous When Prudent

Quote:
Originally Posted by letemplay View Post
I read that in one of Virginia's High School state semifinal games West Point HS was assessed a T for wearing jersey's with a Nike swoosh (logo) on them. Not that this is terribly unusual, but these apparently are same jerseys worn all year (unpenalized) and this T was given to start the SECOND HALF
I work in the association that services them. If nobody brings it up at our final meeting I will. I didn't work any of their games this year but honestly I would not have paid attention to it.
Old Fri Mar 08, 2013, 09:03am
Official Forum Member

Do you think crew waited until halftime to possibly consult rule book and/or VHSL officials to be sure they should do it?
Old Fri Mar 08, 2013, 09:05am
Courageous When Prudent

Quote:
Originally Posted by letemplay View Post
Do you think crew waited until halftime to possibly consult rule book and/or VHSL officials to be sure they should do it?
Without being there, I'm sure the VHSL commissioner told them about the infraction. From what I hear she told the crew chief of another semi-final game to T up the "home" team that was wearing grey instead of white.
Old Fri Mar 08, 2013, 09:08am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadNewsRef View Post
Without being there, I'm sure the VHSL commissioner told them about the infraction. From what I hear she told the crew chief of another semi-final game to T up the "home" team that was wearing grey instead of white.
That was Salem HS, which has worn their silver jerseys at times (not sure all) for home games this year
Old Fri Mar 08, 2013, 09:42am
Official Forum Member

A view from the stands

Here's my take on what I saw. The AHC came into the stands to ask about their jersey tops. He was directed to the state commissioner.

The first half was played, and I didn't notice anything (nor did anyone that I was sitting with). The alternate comes out to observe prior to the game officials return. As he's walking off the floor, I notice that he's giving a "T" signal to the game officials. They call the T, shoot the fouls, and plant the HC who doesn't make a scene. As a matter of fact, the HC was a model of decorum the entire game. As he's leaving the floor, he gets with, and has a discussion with the state commissioner.

What happens next? Stay tuned. Their final is scheduled for 15:45 today.

Last edited by Lcubed48; Fri Mar 08, 2013 at 10:19am. Reason: an information update