The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Tue Feb 19, 2013, 01:57pm
9/11 - Never Forget

Send a message via Yahoo to grunewar
Exclamation Men's Rec League - Need Some Oil Here!

I had a Men's "C" League game this weekend (our lowest division). Guys are out there to have fun and bring their families, kids fetch balls, sit with them in the bleachers, etc.

At one point, I am the T and we're shooting FT's and #11 red on the bench says, "Hey ref." I look over at him. "It's ok if you root for us ya know." I look at the 5 or 6 yr old next to him and said, "You need to control your bench." I got the look back. His dad laughed.

Mid-way through the first half there's a battle for a loose ball under the basket and I hear this loud CRUNCH/CRUNCH/CRACKLE! Me, TWEET! TWEET!!! Holy crap! I just knew someones glasses fell off and they're a mangled mess on the court. Game stops of course.

I look on the floor - nothing. W#32 looks at me and says, "Oh, that's just my knee brace?" Yep, he's got an old HUGE friggin knee contraption on that is I don't know how old and when he moved it a certain way on that play, it just sounded like glasses falling and being stepped on!

I shook my head and said, "Hey tin man, you need to oil that puppy." He said, her really just needed a new one! I'm glad that's all it was! Wow!