The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Fri Feb 15, 2013, 11:30am
Eschew obfuscation.

I was on SportsCenter!

So I had a helluva game last night! It was so awesome that SportsCenter did a story on it!

I didn't get to see the story myself, but my wife has SC recorded on our DVR, so I'll get to see it tonight when I get home from my game!

Here's the play:

Not only did the first shot seem like an entry pass, but it went in as the potential game winner... If you watch, the Center on the first play didn't even go up with a preliminary three point signal -- he thought it was a pass too! Then UMSL decided to make their own miraculous shot! I'm the lead in the first part, and the trail on the second part of the video.

Its for times like these why I love officiating! Here's a picture of my game on SC:
Old Fri Feb 15, 2013, 11:34am
9/11 - Never Forget

Send a message via Yahoo to grunewar
Pretty cool!

Congrats, quite the finish! Wow!
Old Fri Feb 15, 2013, 11:40am
Official Forum Member

Congrats man! Just a question...was it weird saying "pink"? (I had one the other day myself and thought so)
Old Fri Feb 15, 2013, 11:41am
Official Forum Member

Congrats man. That's really awesome.
Old Fri Feb 15, 2013, 11:44am
Official Forum Member

Trail on first three doesn't mirror......tsk,tsk

Just noticed it was a D3 game.......does trail or center mirror NCAAW?

Last edited by fullor30; Fri Feb 15, 2013 at 12:16pm.
Old Fri Feb 15, 2013, 12:11pm
Official Forum Member

All I've got to ask is if that was the best camera someone could use to make that video? I think a old 8mm film camera would have been better.
Old Fri Feb 15, 2013, 12:16pm
Go Blue

Closest I came to fame was when MTV was following a local HS football team for a reality series and I had them for a game in 2011. We had to sign a release form after the game. But alas, I don't think the series ever aired. It was call 'Wait Til Next Year'

The show is following the Lincoln Park High School football team as it attempts to end a 52-game losing streak that stretches to Sept. 1, 2006. The Railsplitters were 0-9 last season and were outscored 300-66.

They did not win in 2012 either.
Old Fri Feb 15, 2013, 12:26pm
9/11 - Never Forget

Send a message via Yahoo to grunewar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Treeguy View Post
The show is following the Lincoln Park High School football team as it attempts to end a 52-game losing streak that stretches to Sept. 1, 2006. The Railsplitters were 0-9 last season and were outscored 300-66.

They did not win in 2012 either.
We have a local VG team that is 0-69 over the last 3 1/2 yrs. Their last victory was in Dec 09. They usually lose by 20-30 points......and sometimes, it's a lot worse.
Old Fri Feb 15, 2013, 01:30pm
Eschew obfuscation.

Thanks everyone... I guess its one thing that I can cross off of my officiating bucket list!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fullor30 View Post
Trail on first three doesn't mirror......tsk,tsk

Just noticed it was a D3 game.......does trail or center mirror NCAAW?
It was D2... Yes, they are supposed to mirror. He said that he didn't realize it was even a shot until it went through the hoop... By that time the coach was asking for a TO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camron Rust View Post
All I've got to ask is if that was the best camera someone could use to make that video? I think a old 8mm film camera would have been better.
You'd be surprised as to how bad some video quality can be... I know someone who was working a NCAAW D1 game last week -- he went to the monitor for a timing error, and when the production crew played back the video on the monitor it was the wrong game! He said they were using a VHS tape to record the game, and they were recording over a previous game... so they had no monitor.
Old Fri Feb 15, 2013, 01:36pm
certified Hot Mom tester

I've never been on Sports Center, but in 1968 I was on film on the CBS Evening News with Walter Cronkite. Some of you may remember seeing me on your black and white 12" set.
Old Fri Feb 15, 2013, 07:27pm
Esteemed Forum Member

Friday Night Frenzy ...

A few weeks ago I was on "Friday Night Frenzy", a local CBS affiliate television station's coverage of the "big" high school games that night. I'm a journeyman official and usually don't get these "big" televised games, but for some reason my assignment commissioner gave me a great schedule this year, lot's of "big" varsity games, and lot's of top notch veteran partners, so this was a first for me. I only worked three junior varsity games this season, two were "big" intracity rivalry games, and the third was a "big" prep school game. Too bad my season is winding down because it was the best season that I've had in quite a few years.

Video Landing Page - WFSB 3 Connecticut
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Sat Feb 16, 2013 at 01:54am.
Old Fri Feb 15, 2013, 07:31pm
Esteemed Forum Member

Pepperidge Farm Remembers ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Padgett View Post
In 1968 I was on film on the CBS Evening News with Walter Cronkite. Some of you may remember seeing me on your black and white 12" set.
I remember. And it's true, the camera does add ten pounds. I remember asking my parents, "Why does that guy have such a big head?".
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)
Old Sat Feb 16, 2013, 12:30am
Official Forum Member

Thumbs up

Wow. Helluva finish! Great looking game!
Congrats on being "Prime Time"!!
Old Sat Feb 16, 2013, 12:55am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Padgett View Post
I've never been on Sports Center, but in 1968 I was on film on the CBS Evening News with Walter Cronkite. Some of you may remember seeing me on your black and white 12" set.
The only part of that I remember is you being driven away in a black and white!
Old Sat Feb 16, 2013, 12:56am
(Something hilarious)

Quote:
Originally Posted by letemplay View Post
Congrats man! Just a question...was it weird saying "pink"? (I had one the other day myself and thought so)
In 11 years I've never said "pink." It's always "red."