The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   I was on SportsCenter! (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/94051-i-sportscenter.html)

jeschmit Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:30am

I was on SportsCenter!

So I had a helluva game last night! It was so awesome that SportsCenter did a story on it!

I didn't get to see the story myself, but my wife has SC recorded on our DVR, so I'll get to see it tonight when I get home from my game!

Here's the play:
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/mEhaGfj1Ekc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Not only did the first shot seem like an entry pass, but it went in as the potential game winner... If you watch, the Center on the first play didn't even go up with a preliminary three point signal -- he thought it was a pass too! Then UMSL decided to make their own miraculous shot! I'm the lead in the first part, and the trail on the second part of the video.

Its for times like these why I love officiating! Here's a picture of my game on SC:
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BDIgzVXCAAAzzPA.jpg:large

grunewar Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:34am

Pretty cool!

Congrats, quite the finish! Wow!

letemplay Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:40am

Congrats man! Just a question...was it weird saying "pink"? (I had one the other day myself and thought so)

deecee Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:41am

Congrats man. That's really awesome.

fullor30 Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:44am

Trail on first three doesn't mirror......tsk,tsk

Just noticed it was a D3 game.......does trail or center mirror NCAAW?

Camron Rust Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:11pm

All I've got to ask is if that was the best camera someone could use to make that video? I think a old 8mm film camera would have been better. :eek:

Treeguy Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:16pm

Closest I came to fame was when MTV was following a local HS football team for a reality series and I had them for a game in 2011. We had to sign a release form after the game. But alas, I don't think the series ever aired. It was call 'Wait Til Next Year'

The show is following the Lincoln Park High School football team as it attempts to end a 52-game losing streak that stretches to Sept. 1, 2006. The Railsplitters were 0-9 last season and were outscored 300-66.

They did not win in 2012 either.

grunewar Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:26pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Treeguy (Post 879683)
The show is following the Lincoln Park High School football team as it attempts to end a 52-game losing streak that stretches to Sept. 1, 2006. The Railsplitters were 0-9 last season and were outscored 300-66.

They did not win in 2012 either.

We have a local VG team that is 0-69 over the last 3 1/2 yrs. Their last victory was in Dec 09. They usually lose by 20-30 points......and sometimes, it's a lot worse.

jeschmit Fri Feb 15, 2013 01:30pm

Thanks everyone... I guess its one thing that I can cross off of my officiating bucket list! ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by fullor30 (Post 879676)
Trail on first three doesn't mirror......tsk,tsk

Just noticed it was a D3 game.......does trail or center mirror NCAAW?

It was D2... Yes, they are supposed to mirror. He said that he didn't realize it was even a shot until it went through the hoop... By that time the coach was asking for a TO.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Camron Rust (Post 879680)
All I've got to ask is if that was the best camera someone could use to make that video? I think a old 8mm film camera would have been better. :eek:

You'd be surprised as to how bad some video quality can be... I know someone who was working a NCAAW D1 game last week -- he went to the monitor for a timing error, and when the production crew played back the video on the monitor it was the wrong game! :eek: He said they were using a VHS tape to record the game, and they were recording over a previous game... so they had no monitor.

Mark Padgett Fri Feb 15, 2013 01:36pm

I've never been on Sports Center, but in 1968 I was on film on the CBS Evening News with Walter Cronkite. Some of you may remember seeing me on your black and white 12" set.

BillyMac Fri Feb 15, 2013 07:27pm

Friday Night Frenzy ...

A few weeks ago I was on "Friday Night Frenzy", a local CBS affiliate television station's coverage of the "big" high school games that night. I'm a journeyman official and usually don't get these "big" televised games, but for some reason my assignment commissioner gave me a great schedule this year, lot's of "big" varsity games, and lot's of top notch veteran partners, so this was a first for me. I only worked three junior varsity games this season, two were "big" intracity rivalry games, and the third was a "big" prep school game. Too bad my season is winding down because it was the best season that I've had in quite a few years.

Video Landing Page - WFSB 3 Connecticut

BillyMac Fri Feb 15, 2013 07:31pm

Pepperidge Farm Remembers ...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Padgett (Post 879705)
In 1968 I was on film on the CBS Evening News with Walter Cronkite. Some of you may remember seeing me on your black and white 12" set.

I remember. And it's true, the camera does add ten pounds. I remember asking my parents, "Why does that guy have such a big head?".

refiator Sat Feb 16, 2013 12:30am

Wow. Helluva finish! Great looking game!
Congrats on being "Prime Time"!!

Loudwhistle2 Sat Feb 16, 2013 12:55am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Padgett (Post 879705)
I've never been on Sports Center, but in 1968 I was on film on the CBS Evening News with Walter Cronkite. Some of you may remember seeing me on your black and white 12" set.

The only part of that I remember is you being driven away in a black and white!:D

HawkeyeCubP Sat Feb 16, 2013 12:56am

Quote:

Originally Posted by letemplay (Post 879674)
Congrats man! Just a question...was it weird saying "pink"? (I had one the other day myself and thought so)

In 11 years I've never said "pink." It's always "red."