The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   Louisville @ Notre Dame, Rich's Video Request #2 (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/93987-louisville-notre-dame-richs-video-request-2-a.html)

JetMetFan Mon Feb 11, 2013 07:25pm

Louisville @ Notre Dame, Rich's Video Request #2

Also, about 5:15 - - how many times did ND travel in that sequence?

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/SqoXWzg2N7A?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

srp6977 Mon Feb 11, 2013 07:26pm

Three

jump stop Mon Feb 11, 2013 09:34pm

one

OKREF Mon Feb 11, 2013 09:45pm

Three. Twice by one player.

APG Mon Feb 11, 2013 09:46pm

I've got nothing here

VaTerp Mon Feb 11, 2013 09:52pm

One travel by #0 though it's close depending on when you consider the gather and if the left foot is the pivot foot.

What other travel are people seeing?

OKREF Mon Feb 11, 2013 09:57pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by VaTerp (Post 878588)
One travel by #0 though it's close depending on when you consider the gather and if the left foot is the pivot foot.

What other travel are people seeing?

0 travels once when he first gets the ball. He travels again flashing across he lane, that one is easy. 1 tracks down the ball, gathers the ball with left foot on the floor, steps with right, then picks up the left and returns before passing.

VaTerp Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:12pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by OKREF (Post 878590)
0 travels once when he first gets the ball. He travels again flashing across he lane, that one is easy. 1 tracks down the ball, gathers the ball with left foot on the floor, steps with right, then picks up the left and returns before passing.

Watching again #0 does travel when he gets the ball, was distracted by ESP ticker.

No way in real time or even on replay I'm calling that travel on #1 though.

Rich Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:37pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by VaTerp (Post 878595)
Watching again #0 does travel when he gets the ball, was distracted by ESP ticker.

No way in real time or even on replay I'm calling that travel on #1 though.

I was referring to 2 travels on 0. I don't know how the flash across the lane can be considered anything other than a travel when that last foot (which has to be the pivot foot) comes back to the floor again.

Nothing on #1.

VaTerp Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:54pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rich (Post 878600)
I was referring to 2 travels on 0. I don't know how the flash across the lane can be considered anything other than a travel when that last foot (which has to be the pivot foot) comes back to the floor again.

Nothing on #1.

Agreed. 0 travels twice and would think they would have gotten the second one especially.

BLydic Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:55pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by APG (Post 878585)
I've got nothing here

LOL!! There has to be one of these you would call.

BLydic Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:57pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rich (Post 878600)
I was referring to 2 travels on 0.

Two travels on 0? I don't know ... I can see one, but the other would be considered ticky tacky at this level. :)

APG Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:07pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by BLydic (Post 878608)
LOL!! There has to be one of these you would call.

In real time? Maybe the second play by 0...probably not. That's the only play in the clip that's worth a question in my opinion. I also wouldn't expect that to be called in a D-I game.

Sharpshooternes Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:18pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by BLydic (Post 878609)
Two travels on 0? I don't know ... I can see one, but the other would be considered ticky tacky at this level. :)

I had three although I definately wouldn't hve called the first one by 0,(and you can;t see it very well anyway because of the score on the screen.) Number 1 at the top of the screen does lift his pivot and put it back down.

BLydic Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:22pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by APG (Post 878611)
In real time? Maybe the second play by 0...probably not. That's the only play in the clip that's worth a question in my opinion. I also wouldn't expect that to be called in a D-I game.

I'll take a maybe :D

I'm liking what you, Rich, Rut and others are saying, the travel call is the toughest ... hope there's more video throughout the rest of the season to learn from.