The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Sun Feb 10, 2013, 08:25pm
Official Forum Member

Do colleges have a plan to get security personnel to officials when this happens, or does it take everyone by surprise? I was surprised by Wisconsin rushing the floor, since they were ranked and all, but normally people can see it coming. I would just hate it as an official to get swallowed up by a crowd like that. I remember seeing John Higgins elbowing his way through the crowd a couple of years ago in a Big 12 game. As long as nothing has ever happened, at least that I have heard of, it isn't a big issue.
Old Sun Feb 10, 2013, 08:37pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by junruh07 View Post
Do colleges have a plan to get security personnel to officials when this happens, or does it take everyone by surprise? I was surprised by Wisconsin rushing the floor, since they were ranked and all, but normally people can see it coming. I would just hate it as an official to get swallowed up by a crowd like that. I remember seeing John Higgins elbowing his way through the crowd a couple of years ago in a Big 12 game. As long as nothing has ever happened, at least that I have heard of, it isn't a big issue.
Unless the mob was out to hang the officials this isn't really a problem. It's just a bunch of kids wanting to celebrate for whatever reason, usually a win.
Old Sun Feb 10, 2013, 09:28pm
Official Forum Member

I would expect that it wouldn't be a problem as well, but it would make me pretty uncomfortable if I was one of the officials.
Old Sun Feb 10, 2013, 09:41pm
I miss being on the floor

I recently saw a video of a high school game where they waited until after the postgame handshakes to rush the floor. Hopefully your crowds do that so you can get off the floor in peace.
Old Mon Feb 11, 2013, 12:58am
Official Forum Member

SEC Policy

In the SEC if fans rush the court the school gets fined.

5K for the 1st occurence
25K for the 2nd time
50K for the3rd time
After 3 years of no occurences the clock goes back to the 1st occurence. There is also something about if it happens and there is no plan in place to prevent it the fine is an automatic 2nd time. These are from SEC bylaws
Old Mon Feb 11, 2013, 07:35am
Esteemed Forum Member

Hang 'Em High ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by deecee View Post
Unless the mob was out to hang the officials this isn't really a problem.
Be careful how you word your posts. I still wear an old fashioned noose lanyard. It coordinates with my black belt.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Mon Feb 11, 2013 at 07:47am.