The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   Injured player/Coach beckoned and more (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/93789-injured-player-coach-beckoned-more.html)

stripes2255 Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:14am

Injured player/Coach beckoned and more

JV girls game last night. Team A has six players in the book to start the game. Midway through the third quarter a girl who swings on the varsity team leaves the bench to join her varsity squad. The team is now left with the five that are on the court. Midway through the fourth quarter a player for Team A goes down with an apparent injury and the coach is beckoned on the court. Understanding that this injured player must be replaced, what is our recourse here? Play with four until the next dead ball? Ask that the sixth girl in the book to come and check in(although this would take some time since she wasn't around)? Tell the coach he must buy the injured girl back in with a TO?

Raymond Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:18am

Of the 3 options you provided the following would not be considered by me:

"Ask that the sixth girl in the book to come and check in(although this would take some time since she wasn't around)? "

bob jenkins Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:18am

TO or play with 4 until the next opportunity to substitute.

zm1283 Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:21am

Quote:

Originally Posted by bob jenkins (Post 875749)
TO or play with 4 until the next opportunity to substitute.

Yep. I'm not asking the 6th girl to come back. They are saving her for the V game, and it this state you can play six quarters a night between JV and V.

stripes2255 Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:28am

Quote:

Originally Posted by BadNewsRef (Post 875748)
Of the 3 options you provided the following would not be considered by me:

"Ask that the sixth girl in the book to come and check in(although this would take some time since she wasn't around)? "

I completely agree with that, just thought I would bring it up as an potential option.

One step further, if the team is out of TO's they just play with four until the injured girl is fit to play?

letemplay Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:29am

Prob been a tv show

Yep, those swingers can sometimes cause some real problems.:D

bob jenkins Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:36am

Quote:

Originally Posted by stripes2255 (Post 875757)
I completely agree with that, just thought I would bring it up as an potential option.

One step further, if the team is out of TO's they just play with four until the injured girl is fit to play?

Or they can take an excessive TO.

stripes2255 Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:47am

Quote:

Originally Posted by bob jenkins (Post 875767)
Or they can take an excessive TO.

An option I hadn't considered

BillyMac Wed Jan 30, 2013 05:43pm

Separated At Birth ???

Quote:

Originally Posted by letemplay (Post 875760)
Those swingers can sometimes cause some real problems.

You've been hanging around with Mark Padgett too much.