The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   Proper Book Form For Technical (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/93613-proper-book-form-technical.html)

Loudwhistle2 Mon Jan 21, 2013 02:14pm

Proper Book Form For Technical

Coach is given a T for comments, how is the T recorded in book? I know its a direct T. What does the score keeper do to properly record it?

bob jenkins Mon Jan 21, 2013 02:29pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Loudwhistle2 (Post 873437)
Coach is given a T for comments, how is the T recorded in book? I know its a direct T. What does the score keeper do to properly record it?

Cross off the next number in the Team Fouls section, and make a note in the comments section (or the T section if there is one -- some books have one and some don't).

Loudwhistle2 Mon Jan 21, 2013 03:06pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by bob jenkins (Post 873442)
Cross off the next number in the Team Fouls section, and make a note in the comments section (or the T section if there is one -- some books have one and some don't).

Thanks Bob! Appreciate your outstanding help and wisdom over the years. I'm assuming the comment section would say something like DT-Coach Jackson or something similar?

bob jenkins Mon Jan 21, 2013 03:22pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Loudwhistle2 (Post 873446)
Thanks Bob! Appreciate your outstanding help and wisdom over the years. I'm assuming the comment section would say something like DT-Coach Jackson or something similar?

I doubt it would have the "D". It should also have the time (and quarter / half)

Stat-Man Mon Jan 21, 2013 04:20pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Loudwhistle2 (Post 873437)

As others have said, it can depend on how the score book is set up. If say the T happened with 1:23 left in the first period, I record it in a blank space as such:

1:23-1 TF Head Coach (Unsp)

Where Unsp stands for unsporting conduct (reason for T).

Camron Rust Mon Jan 21, 2013 04:25pm

If a space is available on the roster, the coach could be added below the last player and the T recorded there.

BktBallRef Mon Jan 21, 2013 05:25pm

IOW, there is no specific procedure. Just ask the scorer to do whatever you feel is appropriate to document the technical.

JRutledge Mon Jan 21, 2013 05:58pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by BktBallRef (Post 873467)
IOW, there is no specific procedure. Just ask the scorer to do whatever you feel is appropriate to document the technical.

Exactly, the scorer might have his own short hand or procedure. It really only matters to those that will actually read the book.

Peace

SCalScoreKeeper Mon Jan 21, 2013 07:40pm

In my books (the Mark V) we have spaces for technical fouls next to the coaches name! so I mark T1 or T2 and then the corresponding team foul has CT next to it.If it is a player technical T1 or T2 is marked then in the team foul count i mark the jersey # and T.

Example: In a boys game Saturday I had a double technical issued to white 23 and blue 3.In the team foul column you would see 23T or 3T next to the corresponding team foul.

If it were a coach T I would write HC/AC T next to corresponding team foul

BktBallRef Mon Jan 21, 2013 07:57pm

Has anyone ever seen a score book that has a blank or column for delay of game warnings? I usually have to tell the scorer(s) to record the quarter, time and DOG at the bottom of the team's page.

SCalScoreKeeper Mon Jan 21, 2013 09:46pm

I haven't-when I have a delay of game warning in one of my games I put it at the top of the page in this form-Quarter,Time Remaining,Player #-if reported,Violation-if reported,