The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Tue Jan 08, 2013, 04:37am
C'mon man!!

A foul or not to foul?

A1 fouls B1. B1 is awarded ball out of bounds. They inbound the ball and are foulled by A2. Partner realizes just as I am calling the foul that we should have been in one and one after the original foul. So in this CE scenario, what is the proper ruling. I think that we should award B1 the merited FT's, the foul shall not be charged to A2 and time consumed shall remain consumed (ie no adjustment to the clock should be made.) Is this correct?

Now lets say we have the same scenario except there isn't a foul by A2 but a basket scored by B2 after the inbound pass after the original foul, then what?
Old Tue Jan 08, 2013, 05:14am
Official Forum Member

Umm...in most scenarios A1 is an offensive player so B1 wouldn't be shooting since it would have been a TC foul.

But since I'm guessing that wasn't your intent ...B1 would shoot 1-and-1 with no one on the lane then the next Team B player who was fouled would shoot 1-and-1 with people on the lane. The foul against A2 counts.

In your second scenario, you have until the ball is at the disposal of Team A following B2's field goal to correct the error. If you catch it in time, the goal by B2 would count, you would shoot B1's 1-and-1 with no one on the lane and then you would go to the POI, which would be Team A allowed to run the end line after B2's field goal.
"The NCAA created this mess, so let them live with it." (JRutledge)

Last edited by JetMetFan; Tue Jan 08, 2013 at 06:16am.
Old Tue Jan 08, 2013, 05:48am
C'mon man!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetMetFan View Post
Umm...in most scenarios A1 is an offensive player so B1 wouldn't be shooting since it would have been a TC foul.

But since I'm guess that wasn't your intent ...B1 would shoot 1-and-1 with no one on the lane then the next Team B player who was fouled would shoot 1-and-1 with people on the lane. The foul against A2 counts.

In your second scenario, you have until the ball is at the disposal of Team A following B2's field goal to correct the error. If you catch it in time, the goal by B2 would count, you would shoot B1's 1-and-1 with no one on the lane and then you would go to the POI, which would be Team A allowed to run the end line after B2's field goal.
Sounds good. The only thing I did wrong was didn't let the second b shooter have his 1 and 1.
Old Tue Jan 08, 2013, 08:16am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharpshooternes View Post
Sounds good. The only thing I did wrong was didn't let the second b shooter have his 1 and 1.
...and you didn't charge a foul to A2. (probably why you didn't allow the "second b shooter" to have his 1 and 1.)
Richland, WA
Old Tue Jan 08, 2013, 08:58am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RookieDude View Post
...and you didn't charge a foul to A2. (probably why you didn't allow the "second b shooter" to have his 1 and 1.)
And how did you resume play?
Old Tue Jan 08, 2013, 12:50pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob jenkins View Post
And how did you resume play?
By blowing the whistle?