The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   Happy Boxing Day ... (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/93344-happy-boxing-day.html)

BillyMac Wed Dec 26, 2012 12:14pm

Happy Boxing Day ...

Happy Boxing Day everybody. As tradition dictates, I gave gifts to all my servants today; my butler, my maid, my housekeeper, my chauffeur, my gardener, my laundress, my valet, and my cook. In other words, I gave myself a lot of gifts.

Indianaref Wed Dec 26, 2012 12:23pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by BillyMac (Post 868709)
Happy Boxing Day everybody. As tradition dictates, I gave gifts to all my servants today; my butler, my maid, my housekeeper, my chauffeur, my gardener, my laundress, my valet, and my cook. In other words, I gave myself a lot of gifts.

How about your lover, is that you too?

Freddy Wed Dec 26, 2012 12:32pm

I'm a Consciencious Objector

How that country to the north of us can celebrate a holiday dedicated to such a violent sport is beyond me. I'd much rather do the "Peace on Earth" thing here in the good old U.S. of A. than to celebrate such a pugilistic activity whereby the goal is to concuss your opponent.
Or celebrate Festivus...

JugglingReferee Wed Dec 26, 2012 05:28pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Freddy (Post 868711)
How that country to the north of us can celebrate a holiday dedicated to such a violent sport is beyond me. I'd much rather do the "Peace on Earth" thing here in the good old U.S. of A. than to celebrate such a pugilistic activity whereby the goal is to concuss your opponent.
Or celebrate Festivus...

I am currently shopping in UNY @ Boxing Day sales!

DLH17 Wed Dec 26, 2012 05:58pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Indianaref (Post 868710)
How about your lover, is that you too?

:o

Ump29 Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:29pm

Boxing Day has nothing to do with fighting.

The_Rookie Thu Dec 27, 2012 12:18am

Quote:

Originally Posted by dlh17 (Post 868746)

+1

BktBallRef Thu Dec 27, 2012 12:26am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Freddy (Post 868711)
Or celebrate Festivus...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ump29 (Post 868755)

Raymond Thu Dec 27, 2012 09:24am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ump29 (Post 868755)

I think someone's sarcasm meter must have been on Empty. :D

maven Thu Dec 27, 2012 12:30pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by BadNewsRef (Post 868774)
I think someone's sarcasm meter must have been on Empty. :D

You might be right, but nothing in Freddy's post suggests sarcasm.

BillyMac Thu Dec 27, 2012 12:38pm

Under Your "Black" Belt ...

Quote:

Originally Posted by maven (Post 868785)
You might be right, but nothing in Freddy's post suggests sarcasm.

Other than the fact that Freddy posted it, that sarcastic son of a gun. Get a couple more posts under your belt maven, and you'll "get it" like the rest of us grizzled Forum veterans do.

DLH17 Thu Dec 27, 2012 01:03pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by BillyMac (Post 868787)
Other than the fact that Freddy posted it, that sarcastic son of a gun. Get a couple more posts under your belt maven, and you'll "get it" like the rest of us grizzled Forum veterans do.

Blue font for sarcasm is always an option so the newbies don't get too 'fused. Just sayin'.

Rich Thu Dec 27, 2012 01:16pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by BillyMac (Post 868787)

He might have a few more posts than you think. Just sayin'.

BillyMac Thu Dec 27, 2012 01:28pm

Blue Font ???

Quote:

Originally Posted by DLH17 (Post 868792)
Blue font for sarcasm is always an option so the newbies don't get too 'fused. Just sayin'.

Didn't we discuss blue fonts back in 2010? I did a search and can't find it, but I thought that the consensus was not to use a blue font for sarcasm on the Basketball Forum.

DLH17 Thu Dec 27, 2012 02:08pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by BillyMac (Post 868796)
Didn't we discuss blue fonts back in 2010? I did a search and can't find it, but I thought that the consensus was not to use a blue font for sarcasm on the Basketball Forum.

Eh...I think you're right. :cool: