The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   The "R" report (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/93282-r-report.html)

maroonx Tue Dec 18, 2012 09:23pm

The "R" report

I normally just write. Game was competitive, good sportsmanship on both sides, good close game. Is there anything else I can to the "R" report?

Bad Zebra Tue Dec 18, 2012 09:59pm

How did the crew perform? Any unusual calls? Rotations? Call distribution among crew? What R report are you referring to? The one in Arbiter?

Camron Rust Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:02pm

Really depends on your area. Those receiving the reports may be looking for different things.

APG Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:09pm

I always take that report to be used for anything unusual happen...something that your assignor is going to want to know about and/or the state.

Raymond Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:20pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by APG (Post 867633)
I always take that report to be used for anything unusual happen...something that your assignor is going to want to know about and/or the state.

So will you be filling one out tonight?

Adam Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:33pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by BadNewsRef (Post 867642)

:D

Timely.

APG Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:38pm

Quote:

I said unusual...one might argue with the parties involved, it isn't quite that unusual. ;)

JRutledge Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:41pm

Quote:

:eek:
LOL!!!

Peace

twocentsworth Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:42am

Quote:

Originally Posted by maroonx (Post 867626)
I normally just write. Game was competitive, good sportsmanship on both sides, good close game. Is there anything else I can to the "R" report?

If you're talking about the report on Arbiter, this is your chance to provide your assignor with important feedback on the game. Comment on specific plays/situations that you or the crew handled well OR poorly. If there were score table or game management issues, include that info. This is your chance to demonstrate professionalism by bringing important info. - whether good or bad - to your assignor.

To a certain extent, assignors will continue to assign below avg. officials to game they shouldn't be working as a result of little or no feedback on said officials performance.

Don't take the "R" reports lightly.

Tio Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:21pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by maroonx (Post 867626)

It is really up to what your supervisor wants. There should be game specific information including score and any weird plays, challenging coaches, etc.

tjones1 Wed Dec 19, 2012 01:33pm

I report: any unusual situations, technical fouls, partners arrival at the game site, final score.

I cc all my partners on the report to the assigner.

MD Longhorn Wed Dec 19, 2012 02:18pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by twocentsworth (Post 867725)
If you're talking about the report on Arbiter, this is your chance to provide your assignor with important feedback on the game. Comment on specific plays/situations that you or the crew handled well OR poorly. If there were score table or game management issues, include that info. This is your chance to demonstrate professionalism by bringing important info. - whether good or bad - to your assignor.

To a certain extent, assignors will continue to assign below avg. officials to game they shouldn't be working as a result of little or no feedback on said officials performance.

Don't take the "R" reports lightly.

I'm sure this varies greatly by area... here, doing what you suggest would be about twenty cents worth too much. :)

JRutledge Wed Dec 19, 2012 04:20pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by MD Longhorn (Post 867819)
I'm sure this varies greatly by area... here, doing what you suggest would be about twenty cents worth too much. :)

Some areas do not require them at all or I should say supervisors. And some assignors only require the Referee to file the report. Our system is so messed up because about 15 assignors use the same Arbiter system (largest in the country) and they cannot figure out what they want to do half the time.

Peace

Adam Wed Dec 19, 2012 05:19pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by md longhorn (Post 867819)
i'm sure this varies greatly by area... Here, doing what you suggest would be about twenty cents worth too much. :)

+.02

IREFU2 Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:04pm

I started using this because it is required by D1 and some D2 assigners. On the HS level, I put the final score as well as areas of improvement, anything atypical that happens as well as crew performance.