The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Thu Dec 13, 2012, 06:19pm
Ok is the new good

Ain't Misbehaving...Yes You were Coach

The sideline behavior of many coaches has been getting worse and worse, and Rutgers on Thursday drew a line.

The school suspended coach Mike Rice for three games without pay and fined him another $50,000 for inappropriate behavior and language during games.

In his three years with the Scarlet Knights, Rice has been one of the most boisterous and animated coaches in college basketball.

Has anyone seen his antics?

Wonder if HS ADs will take notice?
Old Thu Dec 13, 2012, 07:23pm
Official Forum Member

Because of the emphasis on this in NCAAW, the behavior has been better this year, at least at the levels I do.
Old Thu Dec 13, 2012, 07:33pm
Official Forum Member

Mike Rice, coach of Rutgers Scarlet Knights, suspended three games and fined - ESPN New York

Quote:
On a conference call with reporters, Pernetti indicated Rice's transgressions occurred during practice and involved players, but declined to go into further detail.
Chaos isn't a pit. Chaos is a ladder. Many who try to climb it fail and never get to try again. The fall breaks them. And some, given a chance to climb, they refuse. They cling to the realm, or the gods, or love. Illusions.

Only the ladder is real. The climb is all there is.

Old Thu Dec 13, 2012, 09:40pm
Official Forum Member

During my coaching stint (2002-04) I attended the Eastern Invitational Camp for two summers when Rice was the director.

I shared many beers and played several pick up games with him. Hard working, fun guy but every other word is a F bomb. Not surprised at all that his suspension was for his actions in practice and I'm sure he's a handful in games as well.