The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Tue Dec 11, 2012, 07:15am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich View Post
Unlikely that's the way it's going to get handled by many officials, though.
Have to agree with Rich...

...we had a similar situation the other night in a BV game. I had just handed the ball to the "thrower"...and before he released the ball, a player ran on the court at the same time my partner was blowing his whistle. This was after a TO, and since the player had not reported before the first horn we made the player wait untill the next opportunity to sub.

My partner later said he did not know that I had given the ball to the "thrower"...which seems odd because we have worked a lot of games together (20 plus years) and we always try to get eye contact with each other before a throw-in. (this was 3 whistle crew)

...anyway...we discussed this at our association meeting and let the group have a good laugh at us. I, good naturedly, *****ed my partner out in front of the group and said we should have T'd up the player for running onto the court.

Probably good that we didn't T up the player...because my partner blew his whistle to let the sub in... (Inadvertant whistle)

Would any of you have let the sub in the game in this situation?
Richland, WA