The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Thu Dec 06, 2012, 03:49pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MD Longhorn View Post
"NASO’s Board of Directors adopted the following social media guidelines for use by officials and organizations:"

Reading is Fundamental.
I said OK. And i was focused on the comments about discussing things. And yes that still could apply to things I do as these things can and are posted online on FB and other sites. They did not say only social media was Facebook.

Peace
Old Thu Dec 06, 2012, 07:11pm
Get away from me, Steve.

When there's more than one working lower level official on the board helping to set these policies, I'll take NASO more seriously.

That said, I'm a member (almost entirely for the book discounts, insurance, and Marriott discounts).
Old Thu Dec 06, 2012, 07:23pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich View Post
When there's more than one working lower level official on the board helping to set these policies, I'll take NASO more seriously.

That said, I'm a member (almost entirely for the book discounts, insurance, and Marriott discounts).
Do you mind to elaborate? You can send me a PM, but just curious what the top part means?

Peace
Old Thu Dec 06, 2012, 07:59pm
Courageous When Prudent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge View Post
Do you mind to elaborate? You can send me a PM, but just curious what the top part means?

Peace
I think he's saying that a lot of NASO members are HS and below officials but this group of officials is not equitably represented on NASO's board.

What applies to a BCS conference or NBA official might not necessarily apply to Joe Schmoe from Idaho.
Old Fri Dec 07, 2012, 05:52pm
Get away from me, Steve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadNewsRef View Post
I think he's saying that a lot of NASO members are HS and below officials but this group of officials is not equitably represented on NASO's board.

What applies to a BCS conference or NBA official might not necessarily apply to Joe Schmoe from Idaho.
I couldn't have said it any better.
Old Fri Dec 07, 2012, 08:05pm
Keeper of the HAMMER

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadNewsRef View Post

Wait, you mean every game isn't the same? :shocked:
Old Fri Dec 07, 2012, 11:25pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MD Longhorn View Post
However, the one you highlighted was a bit different, in that it specified not to mention specific schools, dates, players, officials, coaches, AD's or other such identifiable data or personnel when discussing plays on sites like this.
I agree. The bullet point is talking about specific situations where people and scenarios are identified. And I couldn't agree more that we shouldn't do that.

For those that might be interested, there's a Facebook page created for basketball referees. It's called Basketball Referees.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/basketballrefereegroup/

It is a closed group. A member has to add you and then an admin approves you. If you just request to join without an add, we check your page to see that there's some type of officiating info mentioned/posted/discussed. Most of us can't even have a FB page without have something there about officiating.

Or you can PM me that you are to request to join, so I'll know the name when I see the request and approve you.

"You should never be proud of doing the right thing." - Dean Smith