Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Fri Dec 14, 2012, 08:29pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark T. DeNucci, Sr. View Post
APG and JumpStop:

W1 received a pass from W2 with both feet in contact with the court, he then raised his right foot, hopped forward off his left foot with his right foot landing first followed by his left foot, AND then jumped off both feet to shot the three-point FGA. That is traveling.

MTD, Sr.
I have white catching the ball while airborne.

Quote:
Listen up whippersnapper.

Any competent basketball official will call that traveling because it was traveling. The first time I watched the play I watched in full size and I called it traveling the first time I saw it. I didn't call it by "feel", I called it because W1 traveled as defined in the rules, and I mean NFHS, NCAA, FIBA, and NBA/WNBA rules; try reading them sometime.

MTD, Sr.

P.S. MTD, Jr., called it traveling too, the first time he saw it and this is only his sixth year of officiating.
In a game involving major D-I schools, I doubt this type of play is ever going to be called a travel if they viewed it the same way you did.
Chaos isn't a pit. Chaos is a ladder. Many who try to climb it fail and never get to try again. The fall breaks them. And some, given a chance to climb, they refuse. They cling to the realm, or the gods, or love. Illusions.

Only the ladder is real. The climb is all there is.

Old Sat Dec 15, 2012, 07:20am
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by APG View Post
I have white catching the ball while airborne.

In a game involving major D-I schools, I doubt this type of play is ever going to be called a travel if they viewed it the same way you did.

APG:

Come on. You are better official than that. Personally, the T was too close to the play and therefore did not have a good Vertical V look at W1's FGA.

Got to run (MTD, Jr., calls it a power stroll) and get ready to officiate two boys' 10U Elite games at 08:30am in the Toledo Park & Rec. league and then get ready to watch my Better Half's alma mater (The University of Toledo Rockets) do battle with the Utah State University Aggies in the Famous Idaho Potato Bowl. Go Rockets!

MTD, Jr.
Ohio Assn. of Basketball Officials
International Assn. of Approved Bkb. Officials
Ohio High School Athletic Association
Toledo, Ohio
Old Sat Dec 15, 2012, 11:43pm
C'mon man!!

Quote:
APG:

Come on. You are better official than that. Personally, the T was too close to the play and therefore did not have a good Vertical V look at W1's FGA.

Got to run (MTD, Jr., calls it a power stroll) and get ready to officiate two boys' 10U Elite games at 08:30am in the Toledo Park & Rec. league and then get ready to watch my Better Half's alma mater (The University of Toledo Rockets) do battle with the Utah State University Aggies in the Famous Idaho Potato Bowl. Go Rockets!

MTD, Jr.
Holy Toledo, they got smoked!