The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   Wristbands (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/93058-wristbands.html)

Triad zebra Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:04pm

Wristbands

Test Question: Headbands and wristbands must be the same dominant color of the team jersey: white, black or beige.
A. True

I answered false and missed the question??
2012-2013
3-5-4a. Headbands and wristbands shall be white, black, beige or a single solid school color and shall be the same color for each item and all participants.

What am I missing here?

Nevadaref Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:07pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Triad zebra (Post 864158)
Test Question: Headbands and wristbands must be the same dominant color of the team jersey: white, black or beige.
A. True

I answered false and missed the question??
2012-2013
3-5-4a. Headbands and wristbands shall be white, black, beige or a single solid school color and shall be the same color for each item and all participants.

What am I missing here?

The answer key is incorrect. Check the supplied reference. You will see that it directs one to the rule for compression sleeves.
This was one of two questions that I missed on the exam this year.

JRutledge Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:07pm

This is why I am so glad I no longer have to take the NF test anymore. It sounds like they were playing with words and were too cute with the language in order to try to fool someone.

Peace

Nevadaref Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:12pm

Btw the wording of the test question is very close to the current NCAA rule.

rsl Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:17pm

Actually, the answer key is correct, but the question is incorrect. Replace the colon with a comma:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Triad zebra (Post 864158)
Headbands and wristbands must be the same dominant color of the team jersey, white, black or beige.

NFHS changed the question, but too late for many who missed it due to the colon/comma switch.

Nevadaref Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:21pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by rsl (Post 864163)
Actually, the answer key is correct, but the question is incorrect. Replace the colon with a comma:

NFHS changed the question, but too late for many who missed it due to the colon/comma switch.

100% incorrect. Care to try again after re-reading the text of the NFHS rule posted by the OP?

rsl Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:29pm

You are correct. The actual re-wording of the question was

“Headbands and wristbands shall be white, black, beige or a single solid school color.”

I should always check the details rather than reply from memory.

Triad zebra Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:36pm

I don't remember the rule changing, but I do know that in 2008-2009 wording was ...white, black, beige or a single solid color similar to the torso of the jersey...
Maybe the NF was referring to 4 years ago with there 2012 question.

tjones1 Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:42pm

NV,

I tried to send you a PM; however, it wouldn't let me.

tjones1 Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:10am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nevadaref (Post 864174)
Sorry, I let it fill up again. Have to delete some when I can find some time.
Email me at my screen name @ hotmail dot com.

Sent.

grunewar Fri Nov 30, 2012 05:54am

I missed that question too......and for this reason I believe.
Quote:

Originally Posted by JRutledge (Post 864160)
It sounds like they were playing with words and were too cute with the language in order to try to fool someone.

After several yrs of taking the exam however, I have learned to come back and re-read those questions I am unsure of, mostly due to some verbiage semantic. After researching them and knowing I have at least the score I need, I just hit SUBMIT!

If I miss one or two questions because they are playing games, oh well. I believe I know what to look for on the court. :rolleyes:

Indianaref Fri Nov 30, 2012 08:40am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nevadaref (Post 864159)
The answer key is incorrect. Check the supplied reference. You will see that it directs one to the rule for compression sleeves.
This was one of two questions that I missed on the exam this year.

What's the other Q you missed?

Nevadaref Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:15am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Indianaref (Post 864195)
What's the other Q you missed?

The one about simultaneous basket interference violations always resulting in an AP throw-in.

JRutledge Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:06pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by grunewar (Post 864189)
I missed that question too......and for this reason I believe.
After several yrs of taking the exam however, I have learned to come back and re-read those questions I am unsure of, mostly due to some verbiage semantic. After researching them and knowing I have at least the score I need, I just hit SUBMIT!

If I miss one or two questions because they are playing games, oh well. I believe I know what to look for on the court. :rolleyes:

I guess I like our questions because they ask mostly real questions about real stuff and they are mulitple choice. If you are going to play on words, then at least use better language in making sure the question is true of false. I just was never a fan of the NF test and the more I get away from the that test the more I like it. I have a feeling we may one day go back, but I think the NF should change their format.

Peace

Scrapper1 Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:42pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nevadaref (Post 864215)
The one about simultaneous basket interference violations always resulting in an AP throw-in.

Is there a sitch where it wouldn't be an AP throw-in? :confused: