The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   arbiter sports mobile app (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/92759-arbiter-sports-mobile-app.html)

the24kid Thu Oct 25, 2012 08:13am

arbiter sports mobile app

Does anybody use this app? I want to purchase, I have an Iphone.. anybody have some reviews? pros and cons? feedback?

csb1971 Thu Oct 25, 2012 08:38am

I use it, and I like it. It is easier than using the full website on my phone. I think I paid $8 for one year of using it. I've been able to accept games quickly as well as look up my partners without any hassle while on the go. I think it was worth it, and when it comes time to renew, I'll probably get it for a couple of years.

jdmara Thu Oct 25, 2012 09:51am

I use it for some things. Unfortunately I don't have an iPhone so it doesn't work very well for my phone. If I had an iPhone I would definitely use it more.

-Josh

Smitty Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:16am

Where did you even find the app? I can't find it in iTunes (searched for both "arbiter" and "arbitersports".

Rich Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:26am

It's just a mobile website, I think.

Smitty Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:33am

Oh. Well that's a lot different that a mobile app. I use that already - and I'm pretty sure I didn't pay anything to use it.

JugglingReferee Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:34am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rich (Post 860051)
It's just a mobile website, I think.

That's what I believe, too. And they charge you for that. lol

ASA Ump MN Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:19am

It's "Arbiter connected" not just any mobile website and it certainly isn't free...:D

Basicly its a mobile app that allows you to setup how/when you want to be notified —via email, text or both.

More information is located under the Connected tab in your user account!

Disclaimer:I have not tried it!

Adam Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:22am

The full website works well on my phone. I'm just not sure it's worth the cost.

And I already get emails, which also come to my phone, to tell me about changes.

Rich Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:16pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by ASA Ump MN (Post 860058)
It's "Arbiter connected" not just any mobile website and it certainly isn't free...:D

Basicly its a mobile app that allows you to setup how/when you want to be notified —via email, text or both.

More information is located under the Connected tab in your user account!

Disclaimer:I have not tried it!

By app, we're talking about something that can be downloaded from an app store. And, AFAIK, that doesn't exist.

Smitty Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:25pm

I get emails and txt msgs from the main website - so still not sure what the added value is for paying for anything.

representing Thu Oct 25, 2012 02:07pm

When it was brand new like a year or so ago, I got to try it free for a month. I didn't like it enough to pay for it, I could use the full website on my phone without any problems since that's what I've done before the mobile site came out.

ditttoo Thu Oct 25, 2012 02:11pm

Got it and have used it since it first came out...can get updates/new assignments/communicate with crew all within a matter of minutes rather than waiting until I get home and loggin on. Game reminders, etc are not critical but a nice feature. "On the fly" and done with it rather than waiting to get home and check nightly. More than worth the nominal fee.

Adam Thu Oct 25, 2012 02:26pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by ditttoo (Post 860095)
Got it and have used it since it first came out...can get updates/new assignments/communicate with crew all within a matter of minutes rather than waiting until I get home and loggin on. Game reminders, etc are not critical but a nice feature. "On the fly" and done with it rather than waiting to get home and check nightly. More than worth the nominal fee.

I do all this through my mobile web browser. Most times, I accept a game within minutes of getting an email from Arbiter, regardless of where I am.

BLydic Thu Oct 25, 2012 02:38pm

It's great, but has no additional functionality than the full website. However, it's easier to read and navigate about the screens. IIRC, $7 is good for 3 years.

Moosie74 Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:31am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adam (Post 860097)
I do all this through my mobile web browser. Most times, I accept a game within minutes of getting an email from Arbiter, regardless of where I am.

If I get the email that says I have new games, I can go to the website on my phone just fine. If a game cancelled the email that's sent contains all the info I need anyway, no real need to go to the site.

My mobile calendar syncs with my gcal which I create with the export feature from the full website so that's no big deal either.

No point in spending the money now mater how little it is.

JRutledge Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:35am

Considering I have an IPad that goes with me most of the time and a phone that can go to any website as well, there is no need to pay more money to use the Arbiter site than I already do. I did buy this access the a couple of years ago, but then I had a Blackberry and it did not go to any sites like my new phone. A total waste of money if you ask me.

Peace

tjones1 Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:43am

I have an iPhone and can't view it using Safari (this just starting happening). Have they blocked it so you have to get the app?

I believe whenever I view the website I can't login. After I type my user and pass, it just kicks me back to that same screen.

jeschmit Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:49am

Quote:

Originally Posted by tjones1 (Post 860213)
I have an iPhone and can't view it using Safari (this just starting happening). Have they blocked it so you have to get the app?

I believe whenever I view the website I can't login. After I type my user and pass, it just kicks me back to that same screen.

I just logged in on my iPhone 4 today through Safari... The full website worked perfectly for me!

Maybe you need to delete your cookies? Or history? I don't really know how all that jargon works...

tjones1 Fri Oct 26, 2012 12:32pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeschmit (Post 860216)
I just logged in on my iPhone 4 today through Safari... The full website worked perfectly for me!

Maybe you need to delete your cookies? Or history? I don't really know how all that jargon works...

Of course I try it and it makes a liar out of me!