The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Tue Sep 19, 2000, 12:16pm
Official Forum Member

I want to automate how I track everything related to my officiating. Can anyone suggest a software package or program to track contracts, milage, expenses, etc.?
Old Tue Sep 19, 2000, 01:10pm
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally posted by Brian Watson
I want to automate how I track everything related to my officiating. Can anyone suggest a software package or program to track contracts, milage, expenses, etc.?
Brian,
I use a spreadsheet and Office 2000. It's not specific to your needs, but it's one way.
mick
Old Tue Sep 19, 2000, 05:49pm
Official Forum Member

Question

Quote:
Originally posted by mick

Brian,
I use a spreadsheet and Office 2000. It's not specific to your needs, but it's one way.
mick
Mick,

I also use a spreadsheet for mine. What kind of stuff do yo u have yours do? Mind sending a short excerpt? I'll put mine on a web site so others can see it. (I'll post a note when I get it there)

I have mine built to automatically insert milage from a different table. That way I don't have to worry about it after I've been to the game site once. It also is able to tell if you have the same game site twice (or more) in a row and only puts in the mileage once.
Old Tue Sep 19, 2000, 07:12pm
In Memoriam

My weakly format

Quote:
Originally posted by Camron Rust
Quote:
Originally posted by mick

Brian,
mick
Mick,

I also use a spreadsheet for mine. What kind of stuff do yo u have yours do? Mind sending a short excerpt? I'll put mine on a web site so others can see it. (I'll post a note when I get it there)

I have mine built to automatically insert milage from a different table. That way I don't have to worry about it after I've been to the game site once. It also is able to tell if you have the same game site twice (or more) in a row and only puts in the mileage once.

Camron,
Watchu talkin' 'bout? I have my ducks in line with my schedule, but it sure doesn't quack like your's does!
I'll send mine to you, if you give me an E-ddress. This board's format doesn't work that well, I think, for e-mailing an attachment.
mick
[email protected]
Old Thu Sep 21, 2000, 06:02pm
Official Forum Member

As promised, I have put my spreadsheet on the web. Follow the included link for a brief description, an example, and an Excel template.

Game Spreadsheet

[Edited by Camron Rust on Sep 22nd, 2000 at 01:02 PM]
Old Thu Sep 21, 2000, 10:26pm
In Memoriam

Thumbs up a good deal

Quote:
Originally posted by Camron Rust
As promised, I have put my spreadsheet on the web. Follow the included link for a brief description, and example and and Excel template.

Game Spreadsheet
Good lookin' spreadsheet., Camron.
Real useable and easy to report to our Uncle.
mick
Old Fri Sep 22, 2000, 08:10am
Official Forum Member

I have a similar spreadsheet (without the look-up macros) that also has columns for "type" of entry (baseball, basketball, fees, equipment purchase, camps, etc.), asssigner (I work for several in both baseball and basketball -- often at the same schools), expense amount, and a "Y/N" indicator of whether I've been paid -- helps in tracking down the schools to get the checks.
Old Fri Sep 22, 2000, 08:32am
Official Forum Member

That is slick. I might have to slap a napster sticker on it and "share it".

BW
Old Fri Sep 22, 2000, 09:30am
In Memoriam

Gettin' Paid

Quote:
Originally posted by bob jenkins
I have a similar spreadsheet (without the look-up macros) that also has columns for "type" of entry (baseball, basketball, fees, equipment purchase, camps, etc.), asssigner (I work for several in both baseball and basketball -- often at the same schools), expense amount, and a "Y/N" indicator of whether I've been paid -- helps in tracking down the schools to get the checks.
Bob,
We don't generally have to wait. We get paid on game day, and usually before we work Baseball, Basketball, American Legion. ASA Softball... I accept another game after I am paid from any previous game. Just seems right. My employees don't have to ask to be paid....
mick
Old Fri Sep 22, 2000, 09:42am
Official Forum Member

In indiana we got paid at the game, but here in OH you have to wait. I think it is a pain, because I have really had to hound some schools down, and then there are the ones where everyone rolls their eyes, and just says "well that's how they always are". I have found only three schools that pay at the game.

YOu really should have been there for my first game here. I signed the voucher, the AD started to walk away, and I asked where the check was. He started laughing.
Old Fri Nov 03, 2000, 03:31pm
Official Forum Member

GAME EXPENSE SOFTWARE

I have also developed an excel spreadsheet to track game expenses, location, association, assignor, mileage, misc expenses etc.. If anyone is interested in looking at it, send me an e-mail and I will forward it to you.
Old Tue Nov 07, 2000, 05:22pm
Official Forum Member

Officials Spreadsheet

For anyone who is interested in the spreadsheet that I created, I have posted it on a web site.

Below is the web site address:

http://sparksref.homestead.com/OFFICIAL_REFS_SHEET.html