The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Wed Aug 15, 2012, 03:13am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camron Rust View Post
Absolutely nothing more than a common foul. Not even close to anything else.
I agree with you. Having seen many many many games it was nothing out of the ordinary. Of course the complainer was a spanish fan so he had blinders on.
Old Wed Aug 15, 2012, 03:22am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulsonj72 View Post
What did you guys thing of the foul Lebron committed on Pau Gasol in the 4th quarter when he went for the block and raked him across the eyes? Unsportsmanlike, disqualifying or common foul? Someone(from Europe) thinks Lebron should have been ejected for that foul because(in his eyes) it was clearly intentional and an attempt to injure. Personally, I think that guy is full of ****. Sorry about no video link.
First off, this is the play. I still can't put clips up to YouTube and embed here because the IOC ain't playing any games.

http://www.aromascatering.net/apg/Sp...ron%20Foul.mp4

Second, really?!

I'm not usually harsh, but that might be the stupidest/whackiest "judgement", from what I'm presuming to be a fan, I've heard in a while. We've talked about the UNS foul earlier in the thread and that play is infintely more debatable than trying to make this play a disqualifying/flagrant foul/flagrant two/flagrant foul penalty two.

I wouldn't expect a first year official to try and twist that play into a ejectionable offense. It is plain as day to everyone that LeBron was attempting to steal the ball and there was no attempt to injure. This is a common basketball play (swiping to steal the ball) that happens often enough that sometimes, when a foul occurs, a player will be inadvertently hit in the face. If one was to upgrade the foul, it would have to be PLAIN AS DAY, to everyone in attendance.
Chaos isn't a pit. Chaos is a ladder. Many who try to climb it fail and never get to try again. The fall breaks them. And some, given a chance to climb, they refuse. They cling to the realm, or the gods, or love. Illusions.

Only the ladder is real. The climb is all there is.

Last edited by APG; Wed Aug 15, 2012 at 03:34am. Reason: spelling
Old Wed Aug 15, 2012, 05:07am
Fav theme: Roundball Rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulsonj72 View Post
What did you guys thing of the foul Lebron committed on Pau Gasol in the 4th quarter when he went for the block and raked him across the eyes? Unsportsmanlike, disqualifying or common foul? Someone(from Europe) thinks Lebron should have been ejected for that foul because(in his eyes) it was clearly intentional and an attempt to injure. Personally, I think that guy is full of ****. Sorry about no video link.
Just a regular personal foul.
Old Wed Aug 15, 2012, 09:11am
Esteemed Participant

Seems to me that the cross body blocks thrown out by Rudy Fernandez and Navarro (I think) in the 4th quarter - trying to stop potential USA fast breaks - come way closer to the INT, Unsporting, FF1 category than LeBron's foul.
Old Wed Aug 15, 2012, 11:19am
Do not give a damn!!

I agree with APG. This was just a regular, normal foul.

Peace
Old Wed Aug 15, 2012, 02:45pm
Keeper of the HAMMER

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockyroad View Post
Seems to me that the cross body blocks thrown out by Rudy Fernandez and Navarro (I think) in the 4th quarter - trying to stop potential USA fast breaks - come way closer to the INT, Unsporting, FF1 category than LeBron's foul.
Agreed, they were a lot closer.