The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Fri Jun 22, 2012, 05:27am
Official Forum Member

NCAA Womens Help

To anyone with knowledge,

Is the womens PCA free throw line extended to sideline in Lead?

Also does anyone have anything to add going fromto Mens to Womens?? Coverage, etc.
Thanks!
Old Fri Jun 22, 2012, 05:37am
Eschew obfuscation.

The lead in NCAA-W is half the lane and is FT line extended to the sideline.

No 10 second backcourt count.

No closely guarded count while the player is dribbling.

There is a closely guarded count while the player is holding the ball within three feet (this can occur anywhere on the court, including the backcourt).

Use two hands while reporting numbers at the table (right hand is the tens and left hand is the ones numbers).

Lead has three point coverage in their PCA. Trail mirrors the three point attempt. If the three point is made, trail and center signal a good three pointer while the lead just drops their attempt signal. Lead never signals a made three pointer.

Lead bounces the ball across the paint if the player is inbounding the ball in the backcout along the endline (basically don't make a rotation if you don't have to).

Lead sounds their whistle before giving the ball to the thrower-in if the ball is being inbounded in their PCA while in the front court. Trail raises their hand for the chop after the lead is ready for play to begin (given the ball to the disposal of the thrower-in).

30 second shot clock.

I'm sure there's more, but that's the most I can think of off the top of my head at 5:30 a.m.
Old Fri Jun 22, 2012, 05:46am
Official Forum Member

Thanks! That got my brain going.

Techs: Same as HS

Player Control: ? Is it like HS, or mens college with no PC after release? Ex - count the basket if released before charge.
Old Fri Jun 22, 2012, 06:04am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCHSAA View Post

Player Control: ? Is it like HS, or mens college with no PC after release? Ex - count the basket if released before charge.
Player control definitions are the same as NFHS including the airborne shooter.
Chaos isn't a pit. Chaos is a ladder. Many who try to climb it fail and never get to try again. The fall breaks them. And some, given a chance to climb, they refuse. They cling to the realm, or the gods, or love. Illusions.

Only the ladder is real. The climb is all there is.

Old Fri Jun 22, 2012, 06:20am
Esteemed Forum Member

From A Strictly NFHS Guy ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllPurposeGamer View Post
Player control definitions are the same as NFHS including the airborne shooter.
What? No more NCAA charge, count the basket, let's shoot one and one down the other end, like we used to do for NFHS back in the mid twentieth century?
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)
Old Fri Jun 22, 2012, 06:35am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyMac View Post
What? No more NCAA charge, count the basket, let's shoot one and one down the other end, like we used to do for NFHS back in the mid twentieth century?
NCAA men's side, that scenario could play out.
Chaos isn't a pit. Chaos is a ladder. Many who try to climb it fail and never get to try again. The fall breaks them. And some, given a chance to climb, they refuse. They cling to the realm, or the gods, or love. Illusions.

Only the ladder is real. The climb is all there is.

Old Fri Jun 22, 2012, 08:02am
Courageous When Prudent

Quote:
NCAA-W and NFHS have the same rule, NCAA-M allows for the basket to count if A1 has released the ball.
Old Fri Jun 22, 2012, 09:34am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCHSAA View Post

For NCAAW, technicals are POI. Double techs are POI unless one of them is a dead-ball contact technical, in which case the ball goes to the offended team at the POI.
"The NCAA created this mess, so let them live with it." (JRutledge)
Old Fri Jun 22, 2012, 05:57pm
Esteemed Forum Member

Terrible Call, Wait, Nice Call, Wait ...

Quote:
No more NCAA charge, count the basket, let's shoot one and one down the other end, like we used to do for NFHS back in the mid twentieth century?
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllPurposeGamer View Post
NCAA men's side, that scenario could play out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadNewsRef View Post
NCAA-W and NFHS have the same rule, NCAA-M allows for the basket to count if A1 has released the ball.
I've been schooled. Thanks.

I used to love making this call when it was a NFHS rule, as rare as it was, back in the mid-twentieth century. Both coaches were always stupified, and couldn't figure whether they should be pissed at me, or not. By the time they had if figured out, the foul shoots had been taken, we were back playing basketball, and they had to come up with something new to be pissed at me about.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)
Old Wed Jun 27, 2012, 12:01pm
Official Forum Member

You can go to Referee.com and order a Women's CCA manual for less then $20!
Old Wed Jun 27, 2012, 02:38pm
Eschew obfuscation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBaldGuy View Post
You can go to Referee.com and order a Women's CCA manual for less then $20!
Or you can go to arbitersports.com and register with the NCAAW for $100 and get the 2011-12 and 2012-13 Men's and Women's Basketball Rules Book, 2013 NCAA Men's and Women's Basketball Case Book, and 2012-13 Women’s CCA Mechanics Manual! Along with that you can get access to video, tests and other rules/mechanics updates from the NCAA as the season goes along...
Old Wed Jun 27, 2012, 03:47pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeschmit View Post
Or you can go to arbitersports.com and register with the NCAAW for $100 and get the 2011-12 and 2012-13 Men's and Women's Basketball Rules Book, 2013 NCAA Men's and Women's Basketball Case Book, and 2012-13 Women’s CCA Mechanics Manual! Along with that you can get access to video, tests and other rules/mechanics updates from the NCAA as the season goes along...
As far as the manuals are concerned, you can download .pdf versions of the rule and case books from the NCAA's web site for free. If you want to print them and bind them yourself at Staples it's a lot of paper but at least the writing is bigger.
"The NCAA created this mess, so let them live with it." (JRutledge)