The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   Game 7 Officials - Celtics vs Heat (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/91655-game-7-officials-celtics-vs-heat.html)

twocentsworth Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:09am

Game 7 Officials - Celtics vs Heat

Joe Crawford, Mike Callahan, and Scott Foster.

APG Sat Jun 09, 2012 03:03pm

Not surprised that Joe Crawford is the crew chief...it is a game 7. I'd guess that Dan Crawford would be on the game as well if he hadn't had worked game 6 of this series.

canuckrefguy Sat Jun 09, 2012 04:39pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by AllPurposeGamer (Post 845417)
Not surprised that Joe Crawford is the crew chief...it is a game 7. I'd guess that Dan Crawford would be on the game as well if he hadn't had worked game 6 of this series.

I assume he would have been slated for game 7 of SA/OKC...

APG Sat Jun 09, 2012 07:21pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by canuckrefguy (Post 845422)
I assume he would have been slated for game 7 of SA/OKC...

That's a pretty safe bet.

BktBallRef Sat Jun 09, 2012 08:27pm

Foster with two excellent illegal screen calls on KG. And Jeff Van Gundy remains an idiot. "He's been doing that for 17 years." Yes, and I've seen it called on him for 17 years.

fortmoney Sat Jun 09, 2012 08:32pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by BktBallRef (Post 845440)
Foster with two excellent illegal screen calls on KG. And Jeff Van Gundy remains an idiot. "He's been doing that for 17 years." Yes, and I've seen it called on him for 17 years.

Smh...

BktBallRef Sat Jun 09, 2012 08:46pm

Anyone heard what's going on with Greg Willard? I knew he missed Game 6 and the alternate worked. But they haven't said why he was hospitalized.

Thoughts and prayers go out to him.

APG Sat Jun 09, 2012 09:00pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by BktBallRef (Post 845440)

Those two illegal screens were pretty obvious. But then again, JVG has trouble with the most basic aspects of officiating.

dahoopref Sun Jun 10, 2012 02:11pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by BktBallRef (Post 845446)
Anyone heard what's going on with Greg Willard? I knew he missed Game 6 and the alternate worked. But they haven't said why he was hospitalized.

Thoughts and prayers go out to him.

Unfortunately, it is VERY serious. From what I learned, don't expect to see him officiate for a long time. :(

JetMetFan Sun Jun 10, 2012 05:30pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by dahoopref (Post 845480)
Unfortunately, it is VERY serious. From what I learned, don't expect to see him officiate for a long time. :(

You mean serious as in this...?

Could NBA referee Greg Willard be involved in game-fixing scandal with Floyd Mayweather? | Beyond The Bets

BktBallRef Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:25pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by dahoopref (Post 845480)

If you're not going to tell us what you heard, why even post and raise more questions?

Quote:

Originally Posted by JetMetFan (Post 845487)

That's old news and, I'm pretty sure, has nothing to do with being sick or hospitalized.

mattmets Mon Jun 11, 2012 02:05pm

Terrible news....sending well-wishes for a sound recovery Greg's way.

Longtime referee Greg Willard gets cancer diagnosis - ESPN

BktBallRef Mon Jun 11, 2012 05:31pm

Thank mattmets.

Pancreatic cancer. What horrendous news. They don't say what stage it is but there is no cure. At the very least, I hope it's in the early stages so he has a chance to enjoy the time he has left.

JetMetFan Mon Jun 11, 2012 05:46pm

Sad to hear...

He's got a tough road to travel...

Prognosis of Pancreatic Cancer - Pancreatic Cancer